Privacy notice statement
The information you provide is collected under the Accessible Canada Act. The goal is to get feedback from Canadians with disabilities and other stakeholders. Participation is voluntary. Providing personal information is optional in the survey.
The information you provide may be used for policy analysis, research and evaluation purposes. Additional uses of your personal information will not influence any decisions being made on applications or financial assistance you receive from the government.
Your personal information is managed in line with the Accessible Canada Act, the Privacy Act and other applicable laws.
You have the right to:
- protect your personal information
- access your personal information
- correct your personal information
Your personal information will be described in a Personal Information Bank. Accessibility Standards Canada is a new federal organization. The Personal Information Bank is still being created.
Visit ‘Info Source’ to learn more about how you can access your personal information.
You have the right to file a complaint with the Privacy Commissioner of Canada.
You do not need to provide personal information in this survey, if you do not want to.
It would be helpful if Accessibility Standards Canada had your contact information to contact you in the future.
Accessibility Standards Canada will hold your information in a way that respects:
- the Privacy Act
- other relevant laws like the Library and Archives of Canada Act
While Accessibility Standards Canada holds your information, it can be the subject of access to information and privacy requests. If so, Accessibility Standards Canada will manage the information in a way that respects:
- the Access to Information Act
- the Privacy Act
By answering this survey you consent to and acknowledge that you:
- have read
- agree to this privacy notice statement
You also consent to and acknowledge that Accessibility Standards Canada may:
- publish your answers, or portions of it, on Canada.ca
- associate your name, or the name of your organization, city and province or territory with your comments if you have agreed to the above question
- include your answers in reports on feedback from the public
- add it to other answers in an open submission on Open.Canada.ca