Critical Minerals in Canada
Canada’s hub for critical minerals
The Critical Minerals Centre of Excellence (CMCE) at Natural Resources Canada leads the development and coordination of Canada’s policies and programs on critical minerals, in collaboration with industry, provincial, territorial, Indigenous, non-governmental and international partners. The Centre aims to advance critical mineral resources and value chains, which are essential for a green and digital economy.
Critical minerals are the building blocks for the future of our green and digital economy.
We are working to position Canada as a global leader in the responsible, inclusive, and sustainable production of critical minerals and secure value chains from mines to manufacturing.
Our strategic partnerships inform the Government of Canada’s incremental approach to critical mineral development.
A wide range of programs and policies are available to support the development of critical mineral projects and value chains.
This interactive map presents information on advanced critical mineral projects, producing mines and processing facilities in Canada and depicts their location.
Stay informed with the latest news on funding opportunities, Canada’s critical minerals strategy, and more.
Building on what we know
- Explore mineral and metal facts and learn how the minerals sector contributes to the Canadian economy and our everyday lives.
- Discover why Canada is a world leader in mining and how mining contributes to Canada’s economy.
- Find out how Canada’s Minerals and Metals Plan will position mineral development in Canada for long-term success.
- Learn more about Canada’s specialized mining services from geo-mechanics and rock mass characterization to micro-seismic monitoring and analysis to diesel engine certification.
- Find out about Indigenous participation in exploration and mining
Connect with us
Have questions or comments?
Email the Critical Minerals Centre of Excellence at email@example.com
If you would like to meet with one of our team members, please fill out the following short questionnaire.
- Date modified: