2018 Creative Industries Trade Mission to China
The Honourable Mélanie Joly, Minister of Canadian Heritage, announced her intention to lead Canada’s first creative industries trade mission to China in the spring of 2018.
As Canadian artists, entrepreneurs, creators and business owners from creative sectors (music, books, audio-visual, visual arts, performing arts and new technologies, amongst others) are thriving on the international scene, this trade mission will support businesses and organizations in the creative industry who are looking to further new partnerships and build business-to-business relationships in China.
- Facilitate market entry for high-potential SMEs that are export-ready and have an ability to enter the Chinese market.
- Establish new partnerships between Canada and China’s creators and creative industries.
- Create opportunities to learn from Canadian companies who have achieved success in the Chinese market and leverage their networks.
- Promote Canada as an investment partner and destination.
- Strengthen cultural and economic relationships between Canada and China.
Sectors that may be targeted for the recruitment of the delegation (but not limited to), include:
- film/audio-visual (including animation and visual effects)
- video games and virtual reality/augmented reality (VR/AR)
- digital content for public spaces/museums
- performing arts
Companies will be screened for suitability based on the objectives of the mission.
- Projected dates: April 2018 (to be confirmed)
- Projected cities: Beijing, Shanghai (to be confirmed)
- An initial expression of interest would be appreciated by November 13, 2017 via: email@example.com
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: