See the complete list of closed streets.
Free Canada Day Shuttle
July 1 from 8:45 a.m. to 10:45 p.m.
Roundtrip between the Centre Robert-Guertin Park-and-Ride and the Canadian Museum of History.
- Robert-Guertin Park-and-Ride (parking lot at 125, Carillon Street, Gatineau).
- Canadian Museum of History (at the intersection of Laurier Street and des Allumettières Blvd., in front of Jacques-Cartier Park, Gatineau).
July 1 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Roundtrip from Major’s Hill Park to the Canadian Museum of History to the Supreme Court of Canada (Parliament Hill main entrance).
- Major’s Hill Park (Ottawa): on Murray Street at Mackenzie Avenue.
- Canadian Museum of History (Gatineau) toward Supreme Court of Canada: on des Allumettières Blvd. westbound at the intersection of Laurier Street.
- Canadian Museum of History (Gatineau) toward Major’s Hill Park: on des Allumettières Blvd. eastbound at the intersection of Laurier Street, next to the Maison du tourisme.
- Supreme Court of Canada (Ottawa): on Wellington Street,
It is recommended to use public transport to get to the Canada Day official sites. Take advantage of the OC Transpo and Société de transport de l'Outaouais (STO) service on all routes, at no charge on July 1.
It is possible to safely park bicycles at one of the supervised free bike stations.
- Major's Hill Park (Ottawa)
- Supreme Court of Canada (Ottawa)
- Canadian Museum of History (Gatineau)
Walking in and around Ottawa and Gatineau is one of the best ways to visit and enjoy the celebrations on Canada Day.
- To walk back and forth Canadian History Museum in Gatineau and Major's Hill Park in Ottawa, use the Alexandra Bridge pedestrian walkway until 9 p.m.
- The Portage Bridge is also accessible by foot.
We do not recommend that visitors drive to Canada Day sites.. However, if you have to do so, we encourage you to carpool.
During Canada Day celebrations, the number of parking spaces is very limited due to large crowds and street closures. The best way to get to Canada Day sites is by public transit or by bike.