Plan my visit
Northern Lights is a free bilingual show presented 5 nights a week on Parliament Hill, Thursday to Monday, from July 7 to September 5, 2022.
Spectators are invited to bring chairs and blankets to enjoy the view from the lawn.
- Show times
- in July at 10 pm
- in August at 9:30 pm
- in September at 9 pm
- The show lasts about 30 minutes.
- Parliament Hill, 111 Wellington Street, Ottawa.
- Parking is not available on Parliament Hill. Numerous public and municipal parking lots ($) are located nearby. Free indoor parking is available on Saturdays and Sundays at the World Exchange Plaza located at 45 O’Connor Street. Garage entrances are on Metcalfe and Queen streets. Please respect indoor parking signs posting restrictions that apply at all times.
- Outdoor public washrooms are located to the left of the Centre Block building, behind West Block.
- Designated area for visitors in wheelchairs
- Visitors in wheelchairs and their companions are welcome to watch the show from a designated area along the centre walkway of Parliament Hill, between the projection trailer and the building.
Simultaneous sign language interpretation
Canadian Heritage is pleased to provide deaf or hard-of-hearing visitors with live, on-site simultaneous interpretation in ASL and LSQ on certain nights during the 2022 season.
On these nights, ASL and LSQ interpreters will be on site 1 hour prior to show time to assist visitors. Visitors who would like to take advantage of this service are encouraged to arrive at least 30 minutes before show time and look for the feather banner indicating the location of the interpreters on the lawn.
Simultaneous sign language interpretation will be offered on the following dates:
- Friday, July 15
- Friday, July 29
- Friday, August 12
Canada's Capital Region
For information about Canada’s Capital Region, visit:
Capital Information Kiosk
90 Wellington St
- Date modified: