DM: Update on the coronavirus (COVID-19) — March 16, 2020
The current situation related to COVID-19 continues to evolve quickly with ongoing announcements affecting us all. Through all of this uncertainty, our main priority is the health, safety and well-being of you and your family. We want to thank all of you for your continued support and flexibility, as we continue to navigate through this ever-evolving situation.
In keeping with yesterday's decision and based on PCH’s operational requirements, we are asking all employees who are in a position to do so to work from home until further notice.
We are asking all managers to ensure that all employees are aware of these directives. Updates will be communicated via the Crisis Information Hotline, so employees are encouraged to check it regularly by calling 1-888-999-7770. The PCH Alerts Twitter account will also be updated as required.
In addition, we ask for your cooperation in optimizing the use of the PCH remote network by adopting the following measures:
- Using mobile devices whenever possible to send and receive email;
- Connecting to the departmental network to save your documents locally on your laptop or tablet and then disconnecting to allow others to do the same;
- Refrain from using social media such as Facebook, Google Mail or Hotmail; if absolutely necessary, use smartphones;
- Limit the use of video conferencing on the GC network when audio conferencing is sufficient;
- Download documents outside of normal working hours;
- Use the BBM application to communicate with colleagues for work classified up to Protected B.
We are working as quickly as possible to provide you with the clear guidance you need as circumstances change rapidly. We also remind you that it is essential to follow the instructions of the local health authorities in order to limit the spread of the COVID-19 virus as much as possible, including limiting travel and face-to-face meetings.
Finally, we would like to remind you that if you have any questions or concerns regarding the COVID-19 virus, you can write to the PCH Emergency Management Team or call 819-997-6932. Please also continue to stay up to date through the Canada.ca/Coronavirus and Information for GC employees websites. We also encourage our employees to seek the help they need by contacting the 24-7 Employee Assistance Program (EAP) or PCH’s Office of Values and Ethics.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Deputy Minister, Canadian Heritage
Senior Associate Deputy Minister, Diversity, Inclusion and Youth
Associate Deputy Minister, Canadian Heritage
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: