Events — Community Support, Multiculturalism, and Anti-Racism Initiatives Program
The Events component of the Community Support, Multiculturalism, and Anti-Racism Initiatives Program provides funding to community-based events that promote intercultural or interfaith understanding, promote discussions on multiculturalism, diversity, racism and religious discrimination, or celebrate a community’s history and culture such as heritage months recognized by Parliament.
Expected results are that participants and communities will gain knowledge, develop strategies and take action to:
- increase awareness of Canada’s cultural diversity
- increase awareness of issues affecting full participation in society and the economy, related to culture, ethnicity and/or religion
- increase capacity within communities to address racism and discrimination
Who can apply
The Department of Canadian Heritage is implementing enhanced protocols and processes for funding programs that support Canada’s Anti-Racism Strategy to help ensure that organizations and individuals that espouse racist, antisemitic and other forms of hateful content will not be eligible to receive government funding.
The following groups and institutions are eligible for funding:
- Canadian not-for-profit organizations, associations and unincorporated groups of individuals
- Canadian incorporated and unincorporated municipalities and townships with a population of up to 10,000
- Indigenous (First Nations, Inuit or Métis) not-for-profit organizations
To be eligible for funding your event must meet all of the following requirements:
- establish concrete opportunities for positive interaction among cultural, religious or ethnocultural communities
- demonstrate involvement of more than one single cultural, religious or ethnocultural community or target a single cultural community and provide opportunities to engage with and foster pride in the community’s history, culture and/or identity, such as heritage months recognized by Parliament
- help foster intercultural or interfaith understanding
- be open to and intended for the general public
There is no established deadline date to submit a funding application under the Events component of the Community Support, Multiculturalism, and Anti-Racism Initiatives Program, as applications are accepted on a continuous basis. However, applications must be submitted at least 18 weeks prior to the proposed event start date.
How to apply
Applicants are required to:
- read the Application Guidelines in their entirety before completing their application
- create or access a Canadian Heritage Funding Portal account and apply online
Community Support, Multiculturalism, and Anti-Racism Initiatives Program
Department of Canadian Heritage
15 Eddy Street
Gatineau QC J8X 4B3
- Ontario: email@example.com
- Quebec: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Atlantic: email@example.com
- Prairies and Northern Region (Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Northwest Territories and Nunavut): firstname.lastname@example.org
- West (Alberta, British Columbia and Yukon): email@example.com
Agents are available to answer your questions Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 5 pm (ET).
- Date modified: