Program summary – Creative Export Canada
Creative Export Canada provides visibility and funding to help Canadian creative works achieve financial success abroad.
The program aims to heighten exposure of Canadian creative works in international markets and to increase export profitability for Canada’s creative industries.
There is $7M in annual funding available for 5 years. Projects can be funded for:
- One or two years
- Up to $2.5M in contributions per project
- A maximum public funding of 75%
The competitive funding process is based on pre-defined merit criteria, with a single call for submissions for each fiscal year.
- Canadian for-profit enterprises (established or start-up) with a maximum of $500M in annual revenues
- Canadian non-profit organizations
To be considered, submitted projects must support the discovery of Canadian works abroad, be focused on maximizing results, and support creative industries in one or several of the following fields:
- Design (exhibit, fashion, product, public art and urban)
- Interactive digital media
- Performing arts
- Publishing (books and periodicals)
- Visual arts
In addition, applicants will be called on to contribute private funds, demonstrate projected export revenues, provide a plan of how export revenues will be generated, and show projects are at maturity and ready for exportation.
The competitive funding process is based on pre-defined merit criteria, including:
- Export revenue potential
- A direct benefit to one or many Canadian creative industries
- Partnerships or collaborations with creative industries or different industry sectors
- A capacity to expand or replicate projects/ideas in other international markets
- Overall innovation
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: