Canada Cultural Spaces Fund
New: Supporting the Foundations of Cultural Infrastructure Initiative (supplemental funding for 2022-2023)
The objective of the Supporting the Foundations of Cultural Infrastructure Initiative is to help alleviate the financial impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic for Canadian not-for-profit professional arts and heritage organizations.
It provides financial support to existing Canada Cultural Spaces Fund (CCSF) recipients with approved funding for a project that is currently under way, and which has experienced cost overruns or project-specific revenue losses due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Details on Supporting the Foundations of Cultural Infrastructure Initiative (supplemental funding for 2022-2023)
The Canada Cultural Spaces Fund (CCSF) supports the improvement of physical conditions for arts, heritage culture and creative innovation. The Fund supports renovation and construction projects, the acquisition of specialized equipment and feasibility studies related to cultural spaces.
The CCSF is supporting cultural infrastructure projects across the country. Find out where they are in your region through the Investing in Canada Plan Project Map.
Who can apply
The following organizations are eligible for funding:
- a not-for-profit arts and/or heritage organization operating in a professional manner, incorporated under the Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act, or under the equivalent provincial or territorial legislation
- a not-for-profit organization, incorporated under the Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act, or under the equivalent provincial or territorial legislation, that is proposing the development and management of a creative hub
- a provincial/territorial government, a municipal administration, one of their agencies or an equivalent Indigenous peoples’ institution or organization that has historically demonstrated its support to professional artistic or heritage activities, including Indigenous cultural practice in their community
Federal organizations and Crown Corporations are not eligible for funding.
The CCSF receives applications on an ongoing basis.
How to apply
Interested applicants should contact a CCSF program officer at their nearest regional office of the Department of Canadian Heritage prior to submitting an application.
Contact usCanada Cultural Spaces Fund
Department of Canadian Heritage
15 Eddy St
Gatineau QC K1A 0M5
- Please contact the nearest regional office of the Department of Canadian Heritage
- 1-888-997-3123 (toll-free)
Agents are available to answer your questions, Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm (ET).
Guides and help
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: