Funding for organizations - Exchanges Canada
The Exchanges Canada program provides financial support to Canadian organizations to deliver domestic exchange opportunities and forums for youth. Funding is made available through two components: Youth Exchanges Canada and Youth Forums Canada.
Who can apply
To be eligible, youth must be:
- a Canadian citizen or permanent resident; and
- between the ages of 14 and 25.
How to apply
Eligible recipients must be one of the following:
- legally constituted non-profit organizations;
- provincial and territorial governments;
- public and private schools; or
- school boards and other educational institutions such as colleges and universities.
All applicant organizations are screened according to the nature and length of their experience in delivering youth programs, and the adequacy of security and safety policies and procedures in place.
Eligible project criteria include the following:
- Participants must be between the ages of 12 and 17 as well as students and/or members of community organizations or interest groups for young people.
- Exchanges must last for at least five days, excluding travel time.
- Participants generally take turns hosting their “twin” (the youth with whom they have been paired) in their home.
- Exchanges normally take place between communities in different provinces or territories.
- Participants must be between the ages of 14 and 25.
- Projects should be at least three days in duration, excluding travel time.
- Projects must be interprovincial and/or inter-territorial.
Note that activities such as annual general assemblies or basic administrative activities are not eligible for Youth Forums Canada support. Projects that have competition (e.g. sports tournaments) as the primary objective are also not eligible.
How to apply
For more information on applying to organize an Exchanges Canada program project and to request an application form, please contact us.
- Youth Exchanges Canada – Contact us
- Youth Forums Canada – October 1
- Contact us
Department of Canadian Heritage
Exchanges Canada Program
15 Eddy Street, 8th Floor
- 1-888-997-3123 (toll-free)
Agents are available to answer your questions, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (EST).
Guides and help
Related services and information
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: