Events – Inter-Action: Multiculturalism Funding Program
The Events component of the Inter-Action: Multiculturalism Funding Program provides funding to community-based events that promote intercultural understanding, or foster civic memory and pride or respect for core democratic values grounded in our history.
The primary intention is to create concrete opportunities for interaction among cultural, faith or ethnic communities.
Eligible events may receive up to $25,000.
Who can apply
The following groups and institutions are eligible for funding:
- Canadian not-for-profit organizations, associations and unincorporated groups of individuals;
- Canadian incorporated and unincorporated municipalities and townships with a population of up to 10,000; and
- Canadian Aboriginal organizations.
To be eligible for funding, an event must:
- demonstrate involvement of more than one single cultural, religious or ethnic community and establish concrete opportunities for positive interaction among them;
- help foster intercultural understanding, civic memory and pride, and/or respect for core democratic values;
- be open to and intended for the general public; and
- have a total cash cost of up to $100,000.
Approved applicants may receive up to 50 per cent of the total cash expenses of the event (to a maximum of $25,000).
The Events component of the Inter-Action: Multiculturalism Funding Program receives applications on an ongoing basis.
How to apply
Applicants are required to:
- review the Inter-Action: Events component Guidelines;
- complete and submit the Inter-Action Application Form and required documentation.
Inter-Action: Multiculturalism Funding Program
15 Eddy Street
- 1-888-997-3123 (for people who are deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired)
Agents are available to answer your questions Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (EST).
Guides and help
Related services and information
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: