COVID-19 Emergency Support Fund for Heritage Organizations – Museums Assistance Program
COVID-19 and support measures for the culture, history and sport sectors
Learn about the immediate action the Government of Canada is taking to provide support measures and financial relief for the culture, heritage and sport sectors.
The Museums Assistance Program (MAP) - COVID-19 Emergency Support Fund for Heritage Organizations provides financial assistance to organizations in order to allow them to continue to care for their heritage collections under these exceptional circumstances so that they remain accessible to Canadians.
Who can apply
The following organizations with heritage collections are eligible for funding:
- Not-for-profit organizations such as museums, archives, or historic sites (including those that operate seasonally and those without full-time staff);
- Indigenous organizations or official language minority community organizations; and,
- Municipal and university museums with a distinct budget.
To be eligible, applicants must also:
- Provide public access through regular hours of operation (including on a part-time or seasonal basis), and,
- Have had annual expenses in 2019 between $2,000 and $3,000,000.
September 1, 2020
Please note that funds are limited and the department expects a high volume of applications. The program recommends organizations apply at their earliest convenience.
How to apply
- Review the guidelines for COVID-19 Emergency Support Fund for Heritage Organizations;
- Apply online through our new funding portal.
Should you be unable to access the new online system or apply online for any reason, please contact our support team.
- 1-888-997-3123 (toll-free)
Agents are available to answer your questions, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (ET).
Guides and help
- Application guidelines — COVID-19 Emergency Support Fund for Heritage Organizations
- Questions and answers
- Guide on the public acknowledgement of financial support - Canadian Heritage
- Service standards for Canadian Heritage funding programs
Related services and information
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: