Music Entrepreneur: Aid to Canadian Music Publishing Firms – Canada Music Fund
The Canada Music Fund (CMF) – Music Entrepreneur: Aid to Canadian Music Publishing Firms component provides financial assistance to Canadian music publishing firms. It aims to support the development of Canadian songwriters/composers and the promotion of new Canadian musical works in Canada and abroad.
Who can apply
To be eligible for funding from the Aid to Canadian Music Publishing Firms component, a music publishing firm must:
- be Canadian-owned and -controlled;
- have its company headquarters based in Canada;
- demonstrate financial viability;
- have fulfilled all contractual obligations with respect to songwriters’ and composers’ royalty payments; and
- be a registered member of the Society of Composers, Authors and Music Publishers of Canada (SOCAN).
Full eligibility criteria are detailed in the CMF Music Entrepreneur: Aid to Canadian Music Publishing Firms – Application Guide 2018-2019.
How to apply
Applicants for funding from the Aid to Canadian Music Publishing Firms component are required to:
- Review the CMF Music Entrepreneur: Aid to Canadian Music Publishing Firms – Application Guide 2018-2019; and
- Contact the Department of Canadian Heritage to request an application form and all other documents essential to the preparation of their application.
October 31, 2017
Department of Canadian Heritage
Music Policy and Programs
Gatineau, Quebec K1A 0M5
- 1-888-997-3123 (toll-free)
Agents are available to answer your questions Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (EST).
Guides and help
Related services and information
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: