Music Entrepreneur: Aid to Canadian Music Industry National Service Organizations – Canada Music Fund
The Canada Music Fund (CMF) – Music Entrepreneur: Aid to Canadian Music Industry National Service Organizations component provides financial assistance to eligible not-for-profit organizations. Funding aims to increase collective promotional activities for Canadian artists and music content, as well as services to the Canadian music industry.
Who can apply
To be eligible for funding from the Music Entrepreneur: Aid to Canadian Music Industry National Service Organizations component of the CMF, applicants must:
- be incorporated as a not-for-profit Canadian organization serving Canadian artists and entrepreneurs working in the music industry, namely, as sound recording producers, music publishers, songwriters, distributors, artistic agents and agents of the music industry;
- be a recognized national service organization with a minimum of two years of continuous operation;
- manage an annual budget of at least $300,000, excluding government grants and contributions;
- be engaged in activities at the national level;
- deliver activities involved in at least two segments of Canada's music industry chain, such as production, publishing, distribution or marketing/promotion of artists or artistic works; and
- demonstrate the capacity to manage the proposed projects.
How to apply
Applicants are required to:
- Review the CMF Music Entrepreneur Component: Aid to Canadian Music Industry National Service Organizations – Application Guide 2019-2020; and
- Contact the Department of Canadian Heritage to request an application form and all other documents essential to the preparation of their application.
November 20, 2018
Department of Canadian Heritage
Music Policy and Programs
Gatineau, Quebec K1A 0M5
- 1-888-997-3123 (toll-free)
Agents are available to answer your questions Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (EST).
Guides and help
Related services and information
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: