Strategic Fund – Development of Official Language Communities
The Strategic Fund enhances the vitality of official language minority communities through major projects and strategic initiatives designed to:
- improve community living spaces (meeting places, cultural programs and events, community radio, and others);
- impact several communities, preferably in more than one province or territory;
- develop new areas of intervention; and
- encourage the concerted effort and cooperation of several partners.
Who can apply
Eligible applicants include:
- Canadian not-for-profit organizations, duly registered;
- associations and professional institutions; and
- provincial and territorial governments.
Eligible expenditures include, but are not limited to:
- costs to set up, deliver and monitor projects that help ensure the long-term development of official language minority communities in priority sectors.
The following expenditures are not eligible: expenditures related to activities with an international dimension.
Applications for funding may be submitted at any time during the fiscal year.
How to apply
Applicants are required to:
- review the Application Guidelines; and
- contact the Official Languages Support Programs of the Department of Canadian Heritage to request an application package and to submit the required documentation.
- Department of Canadian Heritage
Official Languages Support Programs
15 Eddy Street, 7th Floor
- 1-888-997-3123 (toll-free)
Agents are available to answer your questions, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (ET).
Guides and help
Related services and information
- Official Languages Funding Programs
- Funding – Development of Official Language Communities
- Cooperation with the Community Sector – Development of Official Language Communities
- Intergovernmental Cooperation on Minority Language Services
- Community Cultural Action Fund – Development of Official Language Communities
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: