2022 Platinum Jubilee of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II — Community Projects
This program provides funding for community-based projects and celebrations in honour of the 70-year reign of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. Through these initiatives Canadians will learn about the role of the Crown in Canada, celebrate Her Majesty’s 70 years of steadfast service to Canada, and highlight Canadian achievements over the last seven decades.
The program will support projects that:
- mark the 70th anniversary of the reign of Her Majesty The Queen
- offer Canadians an opportunity to learn about our history and symbols, particularly in relation to the role of the Crown in Canada
- highlight how Canada has evolved over the past 70 years under Her Majesty’s reign and look to the future of our nation
- commemorate the long-standing relationship between the Crown and Indigenous Peoples
The total amount that can be requested cannot exceed $5,000.
Who can apply
The following organizations are eligible for funding:
- Canadian not-for-profit organization, such as a corporation, trust, cooperative, unincorporated association, etc.
- Canadian business corporation where projects are non-commercial in nature
- Canadian educational institution
- Canadian provincial or territorial government, municipal government, local band council, local tribal council or other local Indigenous government or organization (First Nations, Inuit or Métis) and other municipal, provincial or territorial institutions of Canada
The following are not eligible:
- private individuals and political parties
- federal departments, their institutions and portfolio agencies
Organizations may apply either individually or as partners in a joint project. In the case of partnerships, 1 organization must assume the lead role and responsibility for the project.
To be eligible for funding, your initiative must be:
- held between January 1 and December 31, 2022
- held in Canada
- free of charge (no admission fees or donation required for entry)
- open to the general public
Successful applicants may receive up to 100% of eligible expenses, up to a maximum of $5,000.
The project must not be designed for fundraising purposes or generate commercial advantage or profit.
Examples of eligible projects
- festival of lights
- photo and art exhibition
- tree and garden planting, or other environmental initiatives
- plaque and park dedication
- protocol ceremony
- cultural performance
- educational material
List of significant dates
While events and celebrations can happen at any point during the year, the following are key dates related to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and to Canada.
- Accession Day (February 6)
- Commonwealth Day (March 14)
- Her Majesty’s birthday (April 21)
- Victoria Day in Canada (May 23)
- Coronation Day (June 2)
- Canada Day (July 1)
- Remembrance Day (November 11)
The application intake is now closed.
How to apply
Applicants are required to:
- read the Application Guidelines in their entirety before completing their application
- complete, sign and date the Application Form (electronic signatures are accepted)
- attach all the required supporting documents
- email the completed application form to email@example.com
You must meet all eligibility requirements and submit a complete application package to be considered for funding.
- Commemorate Canada
Department of Canadian Heritage
25 Eddy St
Gatineau QC K1A 0M5
- 1-888-997-3123 (toll-free)
Agents are available to answer your questions, Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 5 pm (ET).
Guides and help
- Application Guidelines — 2022 Platinum Jubilee of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II – Community Projects
- Guide on the public acknowledgement of financial support – Canadian Heritage
- Service standards for Canadian Heritage funding programs
Related services and information
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: