Young Canada Works at Building Careers in English and French (employers)
Young Canada Works at Building Careers in English and French (YCWBCEF) is an internship program for unemployed or underemployed post-secondary graduates. The Program helps college and university graduates develop career-based skills to help them transition to the job market. Interns can improve their professional skills and start a career in areas related to their field of study. Eligible employers may benefit from wage subsidies and access to a pool of talented youth with innovative ideas and competitive skills.
This program offers internships:
- in Canada that meet the labour market needs in linguistic duality and where workforce shortages are anticipated in official-language minority communities.
Internships can last from 4 to 12 months. Preference will be given to employers offering an internship for a period of 6 to 12 months.Please contact the Fédération de la jeunesse canadienne-française (FJCF) before starting the application process to ensure your eligibility for the program.
Who can apply
An employer may be eligible for funding if it is:
- a private, public or non-profit organization with opportunities to build advanced skills through internships;
- conducting activities in an official language environment;
- stable and financially healthy; and
- an official-language minority community media (radios and newspapers).
An employer is not eligible if it is:
- a federal department, federal agency or Crown Corporation; or
- a provincial or territorial government department.
The deadlines for internship applications are determined by the delivery organization that administers the program, the Fédération de la jeunesse canadienne-française (FJCF).
Application approval takes a minimum of two months following the program deadline. Please contact the FJCF to inquire about deadlines or the status of an application.
How to apply
To apply, employers are required to:
- contact the Fédération de la jeunesse canadienne-française before starting the application process to ensure their eligibility for the program;
- visit the Young Canada Works login page to create a new account or reactivate their profile from a previous year;
- follow the step-by-step instructions to complete an application; and
- submit their application to the FJCF for evaluation.
Once the delivery organization has received an application, it will be reviewed and evaluated.
Read more about the available funding and hiring requirements in the frequently asked questions for employers.
Transportation and accommodation costs
YCWBCEF will pay reasonable transportation costs (round trip) for participants within the program’s policy. Participants must cover accommodation costs. The delivery organization will be responsible managing travel for participants.
For questions related to internships, please contact the FJCF.
For general questions about Young Canada Works, please contact:
- Department of Canadian Heritage
Young Canada Works Secretariat
15 Eddy Street
Gatineau, Quebec J8X 4B3
- 1-800-935-5555 (toll-free)
- 1-800-926-9105 (toll-free)
Agents are available to answer your questions, Monday to Friday, 8 am to 8 pm (ET).
- Date modified: