The conservation experts at the Canadian Conservation Institute (CCI) serve heritage institutions and professionals by providing conservation advice and services, carrying out research projects, conducting workshops, giving lectures at professional conferences and publishing conservation resources and articles in journals or other publications.
Their skills and knowledge have been acquired not only through specialized training but also from years of working in the field of conservation. Internal collaborations among CCI experts as well as partnerships with external experts or clients have also furthered staff expertise and have led to significant developments in the field of conservation.
Search for staff by their division.
On this page:
- Conservation Science Division
- Preservation Services Division
- Treatment and Collections – Textiles, Fine Arts and Furniture Division
- Treatment and Collections – Objects, Paper and Archaeology Division
- Heritage Interiors Conservation Division
Conservation Science Division
CCI's Conservation Science Division carries out projects aimed at broadening the understanding of the composition, aging and deterioration of heritage materials. It develops improved techniques for conservation treatments and provides advice on the choice of conservation materials, based on testing and research. It also provides scientific services, such as object and material analysis and on-site scientific services.
- Marie-Claude Corbeil, Manager, Conservation Science Division
- Kamila Bladek, Conservation Scientist
- Mylène Choquette, Senior Scientific Documentation Technologist
- Kate Helwig, Senior Conservation Scientist
- Eric J. Henderson, Conservation Scientist
- Maeve Moriarty, Conservation Scientist
- Jennifer Poulin, Senior Conservation Scientist
- Lyndsie Selwyn, Senior Conservation Scientist
- Diogenes Vedoy, Conservation Scientist
- Germain Wiseman, Scientific Documentation Technologist
Preservation Services Division
CCI's Preservation Services Division provides preventive conservation advice and services to heritage professionals and institutions. Applied research and modelling are used to develop preservation strategies, guidelines and tools. Services provided include risk and facilities assessments, as well as technical support to other federal government programs, such as the Canada Travelling Exhibitions Indemnification Program and the Movable Cultural Property Program.
- Evelyn Ayre, Preservation Development Advisor
- Eric Hagan, Senior Conservation Scientist
- Irene Karsten, Senior Preservation Advisor
- Simon Lambert, Senior Preservation Advisor
- Paul Marcon, Senior Conservation Scientist / Engineer
- Stefan Michalski, Senior Conservation Scientist
- Tom Strang, Senior Conservation Scientist
- Jean Tétreault, Senior Conservation Scientist
Treatment and Collections – Textiles, Fine Arts and Furniture Division
CCI's Treatment and Collections – Textiles, Fine Arts and Furniture Division develops and carries out conservation treatments on textiles, fine arts and furniture. Conservators also provide expert advice on the care and conservation of objects and collections through on-site conservation services.
- Amanda Salmon, Acting Manager, Treatment and Collections – Textiles, Fine Arts and Furniture Division
- Wendy Baker, Senior Conservator, Fine Arts
- Renée Dancause, Conservator, Textiles
- Anne-Stéphanie Etienne, Conservator, Furniture
- Marie-Hélène Nadeau, Assistant Conservator, Fine Arts
- Janet Wagner, Conservator, Textiles
Treatment and Collections – Objects, Paper and Archaeology Division
CCI's Treatment and Collections – Objects, Paper and Archaeology Division develops and carries out conservation treatments and research on historical, cultural and Indigenous objects; works of art on paper, books, archival materials and photographs; and archaeological objects and materials. Conservators also provide expert advice on the care and conservation of objects and collections through workshops, training, on-site conservation services and archaeological conservation services.
- Marie-Hélène Foisy, Manager, Treatment and Collections – Objects, Paper and Archaeology Division
- Monique Benoit, Conservator, Metals
- Carole Dignard, Senior Conservator, Objects
- Tara Grant, Senior Conservator, Archaeological Materials
- Marie-Lou Beauchamp, Conservator, Archival Materials and Photographs
- Crystal Maitland, Conservator, Works of Art on Paper
- Christine McNair, Conservator, Books
- Jill Plitnikas, Conservator, Objects
- Kathleen Sullivan, Conservator, Archaeological Materials
Heritage Interiors Conservation Division
CCI's Heritage Interiors Conservation Division provides advice and services related to the management, care and preservation of built heritage and architectural elements, primarily for clients in the federal government sector. Applying CCI's risk management processes, the unit provides logistical support to Public Services and Procurement Canada in support of the Centre Block Rehabilitation and other capital projects within the Parliamentary Precinct. It develops strategies and plans to accommodate, conserve and manage heritage assets, fostering an environment of good heritage stewardship practice.
- Roger Baird, Acting Manager, Heritage Interiors Conservation Division, and Senior Collections Preservation Advisor
- Mary Beaudry, Assistant Collections Management Advisor
- Nancy Binnie, Senior Conservation Scientist
- Janet Kepkiewicz, Senior Collections Management Advisor
- Tania Mottus, Collections Preservation Advisor
- John Ward, Preservation Development Advisor
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: