RE-ORG: Canada (West) – Adventures in Storage Reorganization
Date: March 16, 2018
Location: Parksville Museum, 1245 East Island Highway, Parksville, British Columbia
Recognizing that providing adequate storage has become one of the main challenges of running a museum, the aim of this conference was threefold:
- to share the experience of the four museums based in the Western region participating in the RE-ORG: Canada program, Canadian Conservation Institute's (CCI) five-year training program on storage reorganization;
- to share the outcomes of the RE-ORG courses held in Quebec and Croatia; and
- to explore practical lessons learned from museums that have been involved in storage upgrade or reorganization projects of different scales.
It is by having honest discussions about the challenges we face that we may shed some light on solutions going forward.
Video recordings of presentations
The presentations at the RE-ORG: Canada (West) – Adventures in Storage Reorganization one-day conference were recorded so that they could be shared after the event. Below are links to online videos of each presentation.
- Welcome and introduction, Brian Taylor, Parksville Museum, and Simon Lambert, CCI
- RE-ORG: Croatia (Ethnographic Museum, Zagreb), Veljko Džikić, Central Institute for Conservation, Belgrade (CIK)
- RE-ORG: Canada (West) storage condition reports
- Reorganizing a storage area in three days, Carla-Jean Stokes, Historic O'Keefe Ranch, and Jesslyn Jarvis, Greater Vernon Museum and Archives
- Video of the RE-ORG: Canada (West) three-day workshop
- Keep digging! Kenneth Hasell, Atlas Coal Mine National Historic Site
- Dealing with the unexpected, Chloé Ouellet-Riendeau, Sherbrooke Historical Society
- Hanging out and hooking up, Elizabeth Hall, Yukon Palaeontology Program, Yukon Government
- Parksville Museum
- British Columbia Museums Association
- ICCROM (International Centre for the Study of the Preservation and Restoration of Cultural Property)
Please contact CCI if you require additional information.
- Date modified: