RE-ORG Atlantic: One-day conference
- Date: March 4, 2016
- Location: Colchester Historeum, 29 Young St., Truro, Nova Scotia
Recognizing that providing adequate storage has become one of the main challenges of running a museum, the aim of this conference is threefold:
- to share the experience of the six Atlantic-based museums participating in the RE‑ORG: Canada program, CCI's five-year training program on storage reorganization;
- to share the outcomes of other national and international RE-ORG courses held in Ontario, China and Belgium; and
- to explore practical lessons learned from museums like yours that have been involved in storage upgrade or reorganization projects of different scales.
It is by having honest discussions about the challenges we face that we may shed some light on solutions going forward.
Video recordings of presentations
The presentations at the RE-ORG: Canada (Atlantic) – Adventures in Storage Reorganization one-day conference were recorded so that they could be shared after the event. Below are links to online videos of each presentation.
- Welcome and introduction, Margaret Mulrooney, Colchester Historeum, and Simon Lambert, CCI
- RE-ORG: China – Reorganizing the storage of the Wuhou Shrine Museum, Alicia Ghadban, CCI
- RE-ORG: Belgium: A big project in a small country, Marjolijn Debulpaep, KIK-IRPA (via Skype)
- RE-ORG: Canada (Atlantic) storage condition reports
- Reorganizing a storage area in three days, Margaret Mulrooney, Colchester Historeum, and Lynn Marie Richard, Maritime Museum of the Atlantic
- Evicted! Moving and reorganization of a small museum textile collection, Christine Lynch and Krystal Tanner, Randall House Museum
- 365 days of storage reorganization: Norfolk Arts Centre, a case study, Carrie Kitzul, Norfolk Arts Centre
- Simultaneous preservation of artefact and self: The health and safety of museum collections storage, Ruth Murgatroyd, York Sunbury Historical Society
Please contact CCI if you require additional information.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: