RE-ORG: Canada (Quebec) – Adventures in Storage Reorganization
Date: March 10, 2017
Location: Saint Joseph’s Oratory of Mount Royal, Montréal, Quebec
In recognition of the fact that providing adequate storage has become one of the main challenges of running a museum, the aim of this conference was threefold:
- to share the experiences of the three Quebec-based museums participating in the RE-ORG: Canada program, CCI’s five-year training program on storage reorganization;
- to share the outcomes of other national and international RE-ORG courses held in the Atlantic Region and in Belgium; and
- to explore practical lessons learned from museums that have been involved in storage upgrade or reorganization projects of different scopes.
By having honest discussions about the challenges we face, we hoped to shed some light on solutions going forward.
Video recordings of presentations
The presentations at the RE-ORG: Canada (Quebec) – Adventures in Storage Reorganization one-day conference were recorded. Below are links to online videos of each presentation (unless otherwise indicated, all videos are only available in French).
- Introduction and Comment réorganiser une réserve… la méthode RE-ORG, Chantal Turbide, Saint Joseph’s Oratory of Mount Royal, and Simon Lambert, CCI
- Comment réorganiser une réserve en trois jours, Julie Buduroi, Saint Joseph’s Oratory of Mount Royal, and Karine Savary, Société d’histoire de Sherbrooke
- RE-ORG Belgium – Réorganisation du CPAS-OCMW, Bruxelles, Marjolijn Debulpaep, KIK-IRPA, and Aurélie Noirhomme and Philip Geukens, CPAS-OCMW (Brussels, Belgium)
- RE-ORG: Canada (Quebec) participants: storage condition reports
- Repenser les réserves : Un chantier sur les collections au Musée d'art de Joliette, Marie-Hélène Foisy, Canadian Photography Institute
- Raviver la collection de textiles et accessoires vestimentaires : Sortir de l’ombre, 20 ans plus tard! Jeanne Mance Cormier, Musée acadien, Moncton University
- The Oratory Museum (Saint Joseph’s Oratory of Mount Royal)
- ICCROM (International Centre for the Study of the Preservation and Restoration of Cultural Property)
- Société des musées du Québec (SMQ)
Please contact CCI if you require additional information.
- Date modified: