Defending Canada’s democracy from cyber threats
Canada’s democracy is the foundation for the rights and freedoms we cherish. The Government of Canada’s top priority is protecting Canada, and that includes protecting our democracy from cyber threats.
On June 16, 2017, an assessment of cyber threats to Canada’s democratic process was published. The first threat assessment of this kind in the world to be shared with the public, it will guide Canada’s efforts to defend our electoral process and political activities from cyber threats.
- Cyber Threats to Canada’s Democratic Process - Communications Security Establishment’s report
- News Release - Assessing Cyber Threats to Canada’s Democratic Institutions
Find out how to protect yourself from cyber threat with the following guidance from the Communications Security Establishment:
- CyberHygiene - Best practices to stay cyber secure.
- Top 10 IT security actions – Prioritized actions to help prevent cyber intrusions and protect sensitive information.
- Mobile security – Mobile devices are attractive targets, visit CSE`s advice and guidance on mobile security.
- ITS Advice and Guidance – Publications and tools to help defend and protect against cyber threats.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: