Civilian Human Resources
Access to Human Resources programs and initiatives for civilian Defence Team members and their managers – including military managers of civilian employees.
On this page
- Information for Government of Canada employees
- Civilian Flexible Work Program
- Public Service Employee Survey
- Virtual Onboarding and Offboarding
- Defence Team Intranet
- Digital HR
Advisories, messages, and FAQs for employees from the Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat.
Civilian Flexible Work Program
Information, guidance, and resources to support, document, and facilitate flexible work options for civilian employees.
- ADM(HR-Civ) Directive to Managers on Managing a flexible and varied civilian workforce
- Civilian Flexible Work Guidance
- Civilian Flexible Work Program Checklist for Managers and Employees
- Instructions to complete Civilian Flexible Work Agreement
- Civilian Flexible Work Agreement [PDF, 1.6 MB]
- Short-term Actings and Extensions [PDF, 129 KB]
- 2021 Summer Guidance for Defence Public Service Employees & Managers
A resource to be used by managers related to COVID-19 Flexible Work and Leave options, including the use of 'Other Leave With Pay 699'.
There are different scenarios where managers should consult this tool to obtain information on employee options. These include when employees are showing COVID-19 symptoms and/or isolation requirements, COVID-19 infection, High risk of experiencing severe symptoms from COVID-19, COVID-19 and caregiving responsibilities, and Technological and work limitations due to COVID-19. In each situation, the arrows can be followed for a description of what actions should be taken and what leave should be applied.
Public Service Employee Survey
The 2020 Public Service Employee Survey will be conducted from November 30, 2020 to January 22, 2021.
Virtual Onboarding and Offboarding
Resources and tools supporting human resources and staffing while working remotely.
Onboarding Tools (for those employees and students who are new to DND):
Managers and supervisors of civilian employees:
- Best practices for hiring managers during COVID-19
- Manager’s onboarding checklist for new students
- The Supervisor/New Hire Discovery Discussion
- Peer partnering
- Pay and Benefit Quick Facts for New Managers
- Information for new employees
- List of Training for New Civilian Employees
- New Civilian Employee Onboarding Checklist (Working Remotely)
- New Civilian Employee Onboarding Checklist (Working Onsite)
- Pay and Benefits Quick Facts for New Employees
- Information for new students
- List of Training for Students
- DND's Student Passport
- Student and Manager Offboarding Checklist for the Department of National Defence (DND)
Offboarding Tools (for those employees and students who are leaving DND):
Managers and supervisors of civilian employees:
Access human resources and tools around compensation and benefits, staffing, performance management, and leave. (Requires T-DVPNI connection. Speak to your supervisor before accessing the network.)
Efficient and effective in supporting service delivery, our digital services provide better, smarter, faster HR.
In support of HR program delivery and part of its efforts to modernize HR at DND, HR-Civ is going digital!
HR GO RH
ADM(HR-Civ)’s mobile app gives you access to civilian HR information and tools at your fingertips.
HR GO RH, HR-Civ’s mobile app, is another way we’re modernizing how HR is done at DND. It is the first of its kind in the federal government, and it puts civilian HR information at your fingertips, anytime, anywhere.
Designed in-house, in collaboration with the members of the Defence Team, for the Defence Team, it is available for free for iOS and Android. Download it now:
We are continually updating the app and adding new features and information – once you’ve installed it, be sure to check for updates.
If you’re already an HR GO user, be sure to keep it updated. We’re adding new content regularly. Please leave us a review on your app store and tell us what you think. We are always looking for new ideas and ways to improve the app.
HR GO RH content should be designed to help the user:
- Do their job
- Perform a task
- Be more efficient
HR GO RH content must be written and designed specifically for the app. Content developed for other purposes or platforms will likely require redevelopment to make it suitable for the app.
Have an idea for content? Share it with us!
Join the HR GO RH User community on GCCollab
Keep up to speed on app development, share ideas and meet other users.
HR Connect RH
With HR Connect RH, access to HR-Civ is only a click, or a call, away.
HR Connect RH provides quick and easy access to civilian HR information, services and programs.
Managers and employees can use HR Connect RH to request answers to their civilian HR-related questions in all areas of practice.
HR Connect RH agents are available to triage and answer general HR inquiries and other resources that may be helpful in the future. When the request is more complex, it will be directed to HR professionals for their response.
You can access HR Connect RH online (accessible on the National Defence Network) or by calling the toll-free number 1-833-RHR-MDND (1-833-747-6363). It’s available Monday to Friday from 0800 to 1600 EST. Online requests will be answered within 48 hours and can be sent at any time of the day through the DWAN.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: