Canada’s Healthy Workplace Month
Every October, Canada’s Healthy Workplace Month (CHWM) is an opportunity to raise awareness around the importance of workplace health. In light of COVID-19 outbreak, more so than ever, Defence Team members are encouraged to maintain their mental health and physical well-being in a safe manner. As such, this year’s activities and events for CHWM will be virtual.
Throughout the month, Defence Team members are invited to participate in virtual events and activities geared towards building a physically and psychologically healthy workplace for everyone. We are in this together!
Information: Get Support
If you need urgent help, you can call the Employee Assistance Program Line at 1-800-268-7708. They are available to offer support 24/7.
For CAF members and their family, you can call the Member Assistance Program at 1-800-268-7708. If your family members are in need of support and resources, they can reach out to the Family Information Line at 1-800-866-4546 24/7
Virtual Learning and Development
- 5 October 2020 | 1330 to 1500 ET (Bilingual):A.C.E. Mental Illness Head-on: Stories of Courage, Hope and Resilience presented by the Canada School of Public Service in collaboration with the Centre of Expertise on Mental Health in the Workplace (Webcast)
- 7 October 2020 | 1330 to 1500 ET (English only):The Randomness of Anxiety presented by the Canadian Innovation Centre for Mental Health in the Workplace (Webex)
- 7 October 2020 | 1100 ET (English): Resilience presented the Defence Learning Team
- 8 October 2020 | 1330 to 1500 ET (English only):Overcoming Burnout presented by the Canadian Innovation Centre for Mental Health in the Workplace (Webex)
- 7 October 2020 | All day (Bilingual):LifeSpeak Marathon (username: canada; password: canada)
- Free online training on mental health and psychological health and safety
- Check out the Defence Learning Network catalogue (Accessible only on the National Defence network) for courses such as:
- Employee Assistance Program at DND (303275)
- Creating a Respectful Workplace(G417)
- Harassment Prevention and Bystander Intervention (3000025)
- Mental Health Conversations (303186)
- Diversity, Inclusion, and Employment Equity (302145)
- Wednesday October 21 | 1:00 pm EST
- Wednesday October 28 | 1:00pm EST
Live Virtual Fitness Class
- 13 October 2020 and 26 October 2020 | 1230 to 1300 ET (Bilingual) - Defence Team members and their family members are invited to join us on Zoom for a lively and fun 30-minute live Zumba workout class (all fitness level).
- Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/7908124658?pwd=dUFZY0hpdjc2MWVrN0hhTnNkeXl0QT09
Meeting ID: 790 812 4658
- Canada’s Healthy Workplace Month
- Mental Illness Awareness Week (4-10 October 2020)
- World Mental Health Day – Move for mental health: let’s invest (10 October 2020)
- The Big Event for Mental Health presented by the World Health Organization
- International Conflict Resolution Day (15 October 2020)
- Occupational Therapy Month
Thriving in the workplace
- Ask the Expert: Exercise and Menopause
- Tips and resources for maintaining work-life balance in a pandemic
- Canada's Healthy Workplace Month 2020 - A message from the Defence Team Mental Health Co-champions
- What's happening at Defence for Canada's Healthy Workplace Month
- Submit your nominations for the Canada's Healthy Workplace Month Shout-Out Bulletin Board!
- Seven tips for Defence Team Members to support your mental health
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: