COVID-19 Business Resumption – Supervisors’ Communications Toolkit
Table of Contents
- About the Toolkit
- Departmental Communications Rollout
- Key Messages/Conversation pieces
- Annex A: Communication Templates (for use by supervisors to team-level staff)
- Annex B: Speaking Points (for use by supervisors)
- Annex C: Best Practices for Online Engagements
- Annex D: Tips for Communicating with staff
- Annex E: Building Credibility
- Annex F: Tips for facilitating meetings
- Annex G: Tools for Supporting Staff
- Annex H: COVID-19 training and courses
About the toolkit
This toolkit was developed to help Defence Team Supervisors prepare for the transition towards business resumption as per the Joint CDS/DM Directive for the Resumption of Activities, and to provide support in building their local level resumption plan, in response to COVID-19.
The success of this business resumption exercise is largely dependent on you, as leaders, to prepare ahead of time and ensure consistency for open communications with Defence Team members.
As outlined in the Deputy Minister’s message published May 22, a one-size-fits-all approach to business resumption will not be possible. Managing business resumption will be challenging given that there will be a range of impacts to staff through all levels and across the organization.
Your role as a Supervisor is critical for ensuring transparency and open communication with your staff throughout each step of the process. This toolkit aims to provide you with resources and tools to be able to properly communicate with staff on the changes and next steps of returning to work (whether that means in the workplace or continuing telework). You are encouraged to engage with your Public Affairs and communications teams as well as HR Civ, CMP and your Occupational Health and Safety representatives for assistance. Be sure to also leverage national level information products captured in the toolkits found on the Defence Team COVID-19 web site and Department of National Defence (DND) and Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) social media accounts.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: