Women in Force Program
If you have ever considered joining the military, the Women in Force program may help you decide if a career in the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) is right for you. Sign up for one of our ten day sessions and learn more about application process, basic training, paid education and benefits available to you and your family.
Can’t take that much time off work? We also have a three day session available. Both programs are designed to let you experience military life and give you a better understanding of the careers available in the CAF.
Who can participate?
The program is open to women who live in Quebec and Ontario and are willing to travel to St-Jean or Borden. You will be reimbursed for your travel expenses to and from the session. Space is limited, and participants will be selected on a first come, first served basis.
To be eligible for the Women in Force Program you need to:
- be a Canadian citizen;
- be at least 17 years of age (parental/guardian consent required if under 18 years of age); and
- have completed grade 10.
What can I expect from the program?
All sessions will include a mix of interactive presentations and hands-on activities to help you better understand what it is like to work in the CAF, you will also have the chance to have your questions answered by military members. By the end of your session, you will:
- Understand the application process;
- be familiar with what a day in the military is really like and learn more about benefits, moving, and available training;
- understand the various career paths available and how your current experience or education can help you find a job in the CAF;
- learn how you can work part-time in the CAF; and
- try out jobs that may interest you and meet and speak to people in those jobs.
All your meals and accommodations will be included in your session.
See what a participant has to say about the program:
"I found that this experience was an amazing opportunity...When you're actually living in the shoes of a military member for ten days you really get the perspective that they have when they're working in the military. I found that they are offered so many more opportunities...because the military basically wants the individual to realize their own personal potential, and as well as for them to become who they aspire to be".
Olivia Terenzio, participant in the Women in Force 10-day pilot program in an interview on Radio Canada International (original content available in English only).
Available dates and locations
Ten day sessions
- August 14-23 in Borden, ON (English session)
- August 14-23 in St-Jean, QC (French session)
Three day sessions
- October 20-22, 2017 in Borden, ON (English session)
- October 28-30, 2017 in St-Jean, QC (French session)
How do I sign up?
Based on where you live, you can email the closest recruiter to you for more information or to register. Registrations are on a first come, first served basis.
For more information on the program please see the Women in Force information package.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: