The NDWCC Virtual Rubber Duck Race
ADM(Mat) invites you to participate in the annual NDWCC Rubber Duck Races, and is proud to announce that this year's race will take place with a COVID-friendly extra BOOST. November 23rd to 27th marks the start of the 2020 Virtual Rubber Duck Race. This year we will have two races take place in 2020 and a battle of the champions at the Grand Prix in January 2021.
Purchase virtual ducks!
To participate in the virtual race, please navigate to this website to buy your Rubber Ducks. Then, contact SAFIYA.MOTALA@forces.gc.ca with your name, email, and the name of your duck to get registered in the race!
- $5 per duck, or
- $20 for 5 ducks.
These races are virtual, though you can add the banner below to your signature block to help promote this FUNd-raising activity!
How it works
- During each race week, the Virtual Ducks will waddle their way to the finish line. Ongoing race progress and final results will be displayed on the GCPedia webpage daily.
- Go faster with BOOST: Start your own flock, or join an existing flock to get BOOST! The more Ducks in your flock, the faster each member Duck goes by increasing their BOOST! Tell SAFIYA.MOTALA@forces.gc.ca the name of your new Flock or to join an existing one. Flock boost maxes out at 100, though flocks may be larger than 100 ducks strong.
- BONUS: Design a duck! This year COVID has prevented us from distributing ducks. Instead, we want to see your creativity. Draw or digitally draw a duck and share it with SAFIYA.MOTALA@forces.gc.ca and/or on social media with the hashtag #IGiveAQuack for a bonus BOOST.
- All proceeds will go to the United Way.
- The fastest racer from each race will be awarded a prize. Top 20 ducks from each race will be entered into the 2021 Grand Prix in January where an ultimate winner is determined and awarded both a prize, and the title of the fastest duck in the pond!
Participants may join the race until the final day, and will have distance calculated for all race days.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: