Support the NDWCC while you shop! FlipGive
NDWCC is excited to announce we've added FlipGive to our 2020 Campaign to give our members a way to raise funds without extra costs.
FlipGive is a free cashback site, where retailers donate a portion of what is spent to NDWCC. Brands like Under Armour, Esso, Starbucks, Sobeys, and hundreds more. Join your region's page at http://try.flipgive.com/ndwcc/.
Every member who makes a purchase will be supporting NDWCC, and FlipGive will add a $5 bonus to every member who makes their first purchase within 2 weeks of joining.
If you need help or have any questions, you can contact the NDWCC Core Team at NDWCC-CCMTDN@forces.gc.ca.
How to use NDWCC 2020 - FlipGive
- In your web browser, type in ‘https://try.flipgive.com/ndwcc/’. It will bring you to the NDWCC Organization page:
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select your region/the region you wish to support.
Note: You are able to add another region to support in the future.
- Once you select your region, you will be brought to your selected region’s ‘Join This Team’ Page. Click on ‘Join This Team’ to be brought to the Registration Page.
- NEW USERS: The registration page offers 3 ways to sign up: Name, Email, and Password; Linkto Facebook Account; or, Link to TeamSnap Account. It is recommended that you sign up with your Name and Email.
*Note: The DWAN and 0365 Outlook do not allow incoming emails from FlipGive so it is recommended that you use your personal email to register to ensure that no emails are lost. Using your personal email is also useful should you need to update your e-wallet.
*EXISTING USERS: If you already have a FlipGive account, you can simply register with the NDWCC team by logging in to your account through the NDWCC organization ‘Join This Team’ page.
- Upon clicking the ‘Sign Up’ button, you will be taken through a series of questions to determine how much you, individually, can raise for the NDWCC campaign within a given year. You will also be given the opportunity to select ‘Favourites’ to allow FlipGive to tailor your homepage to your interests and shopping habits/necessities.
- BONUS OFFER – FlipGive is currently giving an extra $5 towards the NDWCC upon any new registrants’ first gift card purchase using FlipGive. It must be used within 14 days of registering.
- Download the App to your mobile device (OPTIONAL).The FlipGive App is available for download through the Google Play Store and the App Store (Apple). https://www.flipgive.com/app
To view your team funds, click on the ‘FUNDS’ tab on the main page. This will bring you to your Team’s Funds and will show the individuals on the team and how much they have raised.
Where do the funds go?
The funds raised will be donated to United Way. There is no way to designate funds for specific charities at this time, therefore, at the end of the 2020 Campaign, the Core Team Campaign Manager will withdraw the funds from each Region and submit them to United Way. The funds will later be added to the total funds raised for each specific region.
Profile / Privacy Settings
To make any changes to your profile name, photo, login information, privacy settings, notifications etc.:
- Click on your profile icon in the top right corner of the main page.
- Select ‘Settings’ under the ‘Account’ heading.
If you would not like to receive any promotional emails or notifications regarding your FlipGive account you can turn it off by deselecting the ‘Merchant Offers’ and ‘Team Activities’ buttons:
If you are uncomfortable with others seeing your name or purchase information you may opt to hide your information in your settings so that it only shows specific personal information, or none at all. This function is helpful if you have family or friends who wish to use the program to help raise funds for NDWCC.
Your Main page and ‘SHOP’ tab are synonymous with each other. From both pages you can access the shopping resources and tabs afforded to you:
On your main page, you can add and remove your favourite stores. You also have the ability to search for your desired brands in the search bar in the top right corner.
If you would like to see the list of all 300+ brands, simply click on the ‘All Brands’ tab.
To view a list of all Categories, simply click on the ‘Categories tab’.
Deals: FlipGive offers additional deals when you purchase items online through their portal. Win-win – You save, NDWCC earns. Deals can be found under the Categories Tab or advertised on your main page.
To keep informed about your team, the funds raised, bonus offers, or team events, click on the ‘NEWS’ tab on the main page. The News function acts as a message board/activity board where you can post messages, YouTube links, photos, etc., to keep in contact with your Team and to keep motivated.
If you wish to invite others (friends, family, colleagues, etc.) to use FlipGive to help raise funds for the NDWCC, you can do so one of three ways:
- Share the NDWCC Organization Page (https://try.flipgive.com/ndwcc/) with the individual and advise them which region you would like them to help support.
- Send them an invite through your FlipGive account
- Log in to your FlipGive account.
- Click on the ‘MORE’ tab on your main page.
- Under the ‘Manage Team’ tab, select ‘Invite Team Members’.
- Type in the email of the individual you would like to invite and click continue. From here you may add additional recipients should you choose to.
- Once you are ready to send, click ‘Send Email’.
- Mobile App
- Click ‘Send Invite’. From here it will bring up your specific mobile device’s many ways of contacting individuals.
- Select the method of communication (SMS, iMessage, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Email, etc.).
- Type in contact information.
- Click send.
- Send Team code. If the individual already has a FlipGive account, you can simply send them the Team code for your desired Region.
NDWCC Team Codes:
NDWCC – West: XSG2T7
NDWCC – North: GV4NDG
NDWCC – East: MDBNL4
NDWCC – NCR: 9B7J9D
NDWCC – Ontario: 5FFSKS
NDWCC – Quebec: FX7JTC
Make a Purchase
To help raise funds for the NDWCC, you must make a purchase through FlipGive. To make a purchase:
- Click on (or type in search bar) your desired retailer and select it. This will bring you to the retailer’s page which identifies what type of shopping you can do: Online or Gift Card. It also provides the percentage they will give back from your purchase.
- Select the type of shopping you wish to do.
Note: If you select online shopping, it will take you through a portal to the retailer’s website. From there you shop online and checkout as normal and once you check out, FlipGive will receive your raised funds within 24-48 hours.
- Select the amount you wish to purchase.
Note: Most retailers will have a minimum purchase amount.
- Place order. Under the Order Summary, it will show you your Order Total as well as the earnings of your selected Team from your purchase.
- Your earnings for your Region will appear on the NEWS feed, as well as the FUNDS page. If you do not wish for individuals to see which brands you’re making purchases from, see Profile/Privacy Settings instructions.
FlipGive Wallet / Use Your Purchase
To find and use your purchased e-Gift Cards, you can go to your FlipGive Wallet by:
- Log in to your FlipGive account.
- Click on your Profile icon in the top right corner.
- Select ‘FlipGive Wallet’ under the ‘Account’ heading.
This will bring you to your FlipGive Wallet, where you can see and manage all of your e-Gift Cards.
- (To Use your Gift Card) Select ‘View/Print’ under the desired gift card. From here you will be provided with the barcode of your gift card, which will be required to scan upon making a purchase at the desired retailer. There will also be a gift card code should you wish to use the gift card to make an online purchase (if applicable).
- Update Balance. The FlipGive program is unable to track when you have used your gift card, and therefore cannot update the balance for you. It is your responsibility to update your gift card’s balance and track your spending. To do this, simply click on ‘Update Balance’ under the specific gift card and enter in the new correct amount.
Note: If you are unsure of the balance, some gift cards offer a ‘Check Gift Card Balance’ option when you click on the ‘Update Balance’ button. This option brings you to the retailer’s official website to check the gift card balance.
To assist in your fundraising, FlipGive has provided users with a tool to find retailers near them that offer gift card that can be purchased through FlipGive.
To use this option:
- Click on the ‘Nearby’ tab under ‘SHOP’
- Allow FlipGive access to your location
- Search the map for retailers near you or use the list on the side to browse the retailers closest to you.
Note: You may also change your location to a specific destination of your choosing.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: