Every dollar counts!
Defence Team members are showing their community spirit and generosity in this year’s NDWCC. We are epitomizing this year’s slogan of “Apart but together at heart” by giving generously to our charities of choice and changing the lives of people in our own communities.
When we say that no amount is too small, it is true. Every dollar that is donated has an impact. Before the option to pledge via payroll deduction ends on November 20, I wanted to share just how big of a difference every dollar can make.
$1 per pay, or $26 a year:
- pays for three meals on wheels for a senior
$2 per pay, or $52 a year:
- pays for a wig to boost the self-confidence of a woman fighting cancer
$4 per pay, or $104 a year:
- pays for a special backpack to help a child newly diagnosed with arthritis meet the daily challenges of this disease
$5 per pay, or $130 a year:
- pays for short term and emergency financial assistance to cover medical and other expenses associated with kidney disease and its treatment
$10 per pay, or $260:
- pays for a transport wheelchair for ALS patients to help minimize the challenges of decreased mobility
$15 per pay, or $390:
- pays for 30 hours of casework by a local agency helping people dealing with addiction
$20 per pay, or $520:
- pays for ASL/English interpretations for 45 Deaf people to be able to communicate with hearing individuals
Please give generously. Your donation can change a life.
Lieutenant-General Wayne Eyre
Commander, Canadian Army
NDWCC Defence Team Champion
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: