Military spouse employment initiative
The Military Spouse Employment Initiative (MSEI) inventory is an effective staffing option to fill temporary or permanent vacancies across all Government of Canada departments and agencies.
Why hire a military spouse?
Frequent relocations cause spousal employment disruptions which are the leading cause for military members to release from the forces early. By supporting military families, we strengthen Canada’s operational readiness, increase retention and improve the well-being of those who fulfill Canada’s defence mission.
Accessing the inventory is fast and easy!
There are 800+ skilled candidates in the MSEI across all Canadian provinces and territories looking for jobs in the following work streams:
- Information Technology Specialists
- Programmers and Developers
- General Labour and Trades
- Health Services – including Nurses, Psychologists, Social Workers and others
- Engineering Technologists
- Communications/Public Relations
- Office Administration – including General, Human Resources, Executive Assistants and others
- Teaching/Education Professionals – including Second Language Teachers, Educational Advisors and others
- Procurement Services OR Materiel Management
- General Services - Including Food Services, Stores Services, Cleaning Services and others
- Social Science Services - including Economics, Statistics and others
- Human Resource Specialists
Hire a military spouse!
Step 1 Send us an email with your job requirements
Step 2 We will find the best candidates for your jobs from the inventory
Step 3 You will receive candidate’s resumes that match your requirements
Step 4 Contact the candidates for next steps
“My experience using the inventory as a hiring manager was great. I was happy with the amount of time it took, with the service, and the support I received.”
- Ashley Green A/Service Manager, Benefits Delivery Services Branch at Service Canada
“Overall, I found the experience very easy and efficient and the support from the staffing team was excellent. I found an exceptionally qualified person for the position I needed to fill in a very short period of time.”
- Captain Bill Quinn, Naval
Need more information?
Visit Military Spouse Employment Initiative - Canada.ca and follow us!
- Facebook: @National DefenceGC
- Linkedin: National Defence
- Twitter: @NationalDefence
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: