Planned costs for major Canadian Armed Forces operations
|($ thousands)||FY 2017-18||FY 2018-19|
Americas and the Caribbean
|OP CARIBBE (Joint Interagency Task Force South)6||5,956.3||5,088.3|
Total: Major Continental Operations
|($ thousands)||FY 2017-18||FY 2018-19|
|OP CROCODILE - MONUSCO (DRC)8||599.1||914.5|
|Peace Support Operations9||132.0||1,629.3|
|OP SOPRANO - UNMISS (Juba, South Sudan)10||746.2||732.7|
Arabian Gulf Region and South West Asia
|OP ARTEMIS (Arabian Gulf)11||1,178.0||28,194.3|
|OP KOBOLD (Kosovo)12||309.0||401.0|
|OP UNIFIER (Ukraine)15||16,955.0||20,625.4|
|OP CALUMET (Sinai) - MFO (non-UN)16||3,567.7||2,330.8|
|OP JADE - UNTSO (Middle East)17||149.6||162.5|
|OP FOUNDATION - (US CENTCOM Tampa)18||2,102.1||1,976.9|
|OP PROTEUS (Jerusalem)19||7,496.1||4,681.4|
|OP SNOWGOOSE - UNFICYP (Cyprus)20||24.4||44.4|
Total: Major International Operations
- Incremental Department of National Defence (DND) Cost is the additional costs for personnel and equipment that are directly attributable to the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) operation. More specifically, incremental costs include the additional cost to deploy troops and equipment and to provide ongoing maintenance and support during the applicable operation, in addition to any specialized training required for the operation. DND does not include the full capital acquisition cost of major equipment in incremental cost, unless procured specifically for the mission with no life expectancy post operation.
- OP DISTINCTION - CAF Support to the Government of Canada's Military History Commemoration Program.
- OP LENTUS - Support to Civilian authorities across Canada during crises caused by natural disasters. As requests for assistance from the CAF cannot be forseen, no amounts are planned for this activity.
- OP LIMPID - Routine domestic surveillance of Canadian air, maritime, land, space and cyber domains as well as presence in Canada's aerial, maritime and land approaches.
- CAF support to the G7 Summit
- OP CARIBBE (Joint Interagency Task Force South) - Canada's participation in the multinational campaign against illicit trafficking by transnational organized crime in the Caribbean basin and the eastern Pacific Ocean.
- OP NABERIUS - CAF engagement to train and build the capacity of the mililtary and security forces in Niger.
- OP CROCODILE - Canada's military contribution to the United Nations Organization Stabilization Mission in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (MONUSCO).
- Peace Support Operations - Reconnaissance and liason costs towards renewing Canadian leadership in United Nations peace operations.
- OP SOPRANO - CAF participation in the United Nations Mission in the Republic of South Sudan (UNMISS).
- OP ARTEMIS - CAF land based participation in maritime security and counter-terrorism operations in the Arabian Sea.
- OP KOBOLD - Canada's contribution to the NATO-led Kosovo Force (KFOR) headquarters.
- OP REASSURANCE - CAF participation in Central and Eastern Europe as part of NATO assurance measures.
- OP IGNITION - Canada's periodic participation in the NATO - Airborne Surveillance and Interception Capabilities to meet Iceland's Peacetime Preparedness Needs mission and to monitor Iceland's airspace and enforce security if required.
- OP UNIFIER - CAF military training and capacity building operation in Ukraine.
- OP CALUMET - Canada's participation in the Multinational Force and Observers (MFO) in the Sinai.
- OP JADE - Canada's contribution to the United Nations Truce Supervision Organization (UNTSO).
- OP FOUNDATION - CAF contribution to multinational counter-terrorism efforts in the Middle East, North Africa and Southwest Asia.
- OP PROTEUS - Canada's contribution to the Office of the United States Security Coordinator (USSC) in Jerusalem.
- OP SNOWGOOSE - Canada's contribution to United Nations Force in Cyprus (UNFICYP).
- OP IMPACT - CAF support to the Middle East Stabilization Force (MESF) - the multinational coalition against Daesh.
- OP RENAISSANCE - Disaster response and humanitarian assistance deployment(s) throughout the world. As these events cannot be predicted, no amounts are planned.
- Other - Includes small, Strong, Secure, Engagesd (SSE), CANSOFCOM missions and Operational Support Hub costs.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: