Chief of the Defence Staff announces additional Canadian Armed Forces General and Flag Officer senior appointments, promotions, and retirements
April 20, 2017 – Ottawa – National Defence / Canadian Armed Forces
General Jonathan Vance, Chief of the Defence Staff, is pleased to announce an addition to the initial list of Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) General and Flag Officer senior appointments, promotions, and retirements that will occur in 2017. These officers lead the CAF in defending our country’s values and interests, here at home and abroad.
Promotions and appointments resulting from new and continuing service requirements are as follows:
- Lieutenant-General J.A.J. Parent will be appointed Acting Vice Chief of the Defence Staff, at National Defence Headquarters (NDHQ) in Ottawa, resulting in the following promotions and appointments:
- Major-General J.C.G. Juneau will be promoted to the rank of Lieutenant-General and appointed Deputy Commander Allied Joint Force Command Naples, in Naples, Italy, replacing Lieutenant-General J.A.J. Parent.
- Brigadier-General C.J. Turenne will be promoted to the rank of Major-General and appointed Deputy Commander Canadian Army, at NDHQ in Ottawa, replacing Major-General J.C.G. Juneau.
- Brigadier-General D.A. Macaulay will be appointed Commander 5th Canadian Division, in Halifax, replacing Brigadier-General C.J. Turenne.
- Brigadier-General (acting while so employed) S.R. Kelsey will be appointed Director General Army Land Capability Development (DGLCD), at NDHQ in Ottawa, replacing Brigadier-General D.A. Macaulay.
- Major-General (acting while so employed) M.N. Rouleau will be promoted substantive to the rank of Major-General and will continue to serve in his current appointment, Commander Canadian Special Operations Forces Command, in Ottawa.
- Major-General J.C. Madower has retired after distinguished service to Canada and the CAF.
Biographies of senior officers may be made available upon request by contacting Media Relations.
“It is my privilege to congratulate the newest General and Flag Officers of the Canadian Armed Forces. You reflect our ongoing commitment to operate as a unified CAF led by Regular and Reserve Force officers. To those retiring, I offer my deepest appreciation for your services and sacrifices, and those of your families, and wish you all the best in your next adventure.”
-General Jonathan Vance, Chief of the Defence Staff
Department of National Defence
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: