Solution readiness level
The IDEaS program uses nine solution readiness levels to assess the maturity of project submissions:
- SRL 1: Identification and observation of basic principles and properties.
- SRL 2: Definitions of practical applications. Formulation of concepts.
- SRL 3: Observation and analysis through analytical research, laboratory research or experiments.
- SRL 4: Proof of concept that is based upon the integration of applications and concepts to demonstrate viability.
- SRL 5: Validation defined as the refined integration of applications or concepts to confirm validity.
- SRL 6: Simulated demonstration of a near-end state solution and testing in a simulated environment.
- SRL 7: Real-world demonstration of a near-end state solution and testing in an appropriate real-world environment.
- SRL 8: Qualified solution which is the completion of end state solution and refinement through testing.
- SRL 9: Proven solution that is based upon final solution implementation and success.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: