Cadet365 Cadet Onboarding
All cadets now have a Cadet365 account, ask your corps/squadron staff for your username and password. Follow this page for more information.
You will receive your username and password (credentials) by your corps/sqn staff. Prior to having access to the resources (including email), you need to activate your Cadet365 account following the onboarding instructions. It is highly recommend you use a computer and Smartphone to complete these steps when possible. If your require and alternate method there are alternate instructions available below.
Onboarding Video with a computer and a Smartphone
This video shows you how to onboard to Cadet365 using a computer and a smartphone.
To get started, go to office.com with Chrome or Edge. Click on "Sign In" at the top right.
- Adult Staff: Enter your CCO account credentials.
- Cadets: Enter the email and temporary password that was provided to you.
Another page will appear asking for more information, click on "Next".
If it's not already done:
1- On your Smartphone go to your applications store.
2- Search for Microsoft Authenticator and download it.
3- Open the application and accept the prompts on screen. Select “SCAN A QR CODE”.
4- It will ask you for permission to your camera, click “Allow”.
5- A camera overlay will pop up.
Then click "Next" on the next 2 pages. When you get to the page with the QR code, with your phone and the camera overlay showing on screen, scan the QR Code on your desktop. You will be pinged on your phone to approve the sign in. Select “Approve”. Your PC screen will automatically update. Select "Next".
Subsequently, you will need to add a second authentication method. To do this, enter your phone number, select Canada (+1), select “Text me a code” and then “Next”. You will receive a text message with a code on your phone. Enter the code received by text message then select "Next". Then "Next" again and then "Done".
From now on, if you do not have access to the authentication tool to log into Cadet365, you can select the "Sign in another way" option to display and choose the "Phone" option.
On the next page click on "Yes". If the MS Office 365 suite starts, you have successfully integrated it into your computer. Congratulations!
Onboarding Instructions - downloadable PDF
Onboarding Instructions: Text version
- On your Smartphone, go to your applications store and download the Microsoft Authenticator app. Please note your device must be passcode protected to move forward.
- On a computer, using Chrome or Edge browser, navigate to office.com
- Sign into your account. Enter the username and password that you received.
- Follow on screen instructions and click next until you get a QR code.
- On your smartphone, open the Microsoft Authenticator app. Click the three dots on the top right, and select Add account.
Select Work or school account, click Scan a QR Code.
- Scan the QR code on your computer with your smartphone. Close the app on your phone. On your computer press next.
- Approve sign in on your phone. Follow the on screen instructions to add a second authentication method e.g. phone number.
You can now access Cadet365 on your personal devices!
Alternate Onboarding Instructions
Additional onboarding guides are available to help you depending on the device you are using:
- Cadet365 onboarding with a Personal Computer and a telephone number for authentication
- Cadet365 onboarding with a Standalone Android Mobile Device
- Cadet365 onboarding with a Standalone iPhone/iPad
Cyber Awareness Course
When you log in to Cadet365, it is mandatory to take the Cyber Awareness Course (user identification and password required).
What if you already have a Cadet365 account?
If you have a Cadet365 account from the summer of 2021, it’s even easier! You can go to https://portal.office.com (you are now leaving the Government of Canada website) and log into your account. If you don't remember your password, you can reset it here (you are now leaving the Government of Canada website). This only applies if you have completed onboarding.
Set up your personal devices
Now that you have successfully onboarded, you have web-based access to Cadet365.
Yes! You can access Microsoft Teams and your cadet email on your smartphone!
On personal computers access email through your web browser.
On your smartphone/tablet, install the Outlook app to gain instant access to your email.
On personal computers download the Desktop App to access more features, or use the web browser for a lighter version.
On your smartphone/tablet, install the Teams app to start collaborating.
Click on the icons below or search for "Microsoft Teams", "Microsoft Outlook" on the App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android) to download the app (you will leave the Government of Canada's website).
1. Visit the FAQs for cadet onboarding;
2. Contact your corps/sqn staff.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: