CADET365 - Onboarding with a Personal Computer (PC) and a Smartphone
Video - How to onboard using a PC and a smartphone
This video shows you how to onboard to CADET365 using a computer and a smartphone.
To get started, go to office.com with Chrome or Edge. Click on "Sign In" at the top right. Enter your username and password received in the onboarding email then hard click "Sign In".
Another page will appear asking for more information, click on "Next".
If it's not already done:
1- On your Smartphone go to your applications store.
2- Search for Microsoft Authenticator and download it.
3- Open the application and accept the prompts on screen. Select “SCAN A QR CODE”.
4- It will ask you for permission to your camera, click “Allow”.
5- A camera overlay will pop up.
Then click "Next" on the next 2 pages. When you get to the page with the QR code, with your phone and the camera overlay showing on screen, scan the QR Code on your desktop. You will be pinged on your phone to approve the sign in. Select “Approve”. Your PC screen will automatically update. Select "Next".
Subsequently, you can add a second authentication method. To do this, enter your phone number, select Canada (+1), select “Text me a code” and then “Next”. You will receive a text message with a code on your phone. Enter the code received by text message then select "Next". Then "Next" again and then "Done".
From now on, if you do not have access to the authentication tool to log into Cadet365, you can select the "Sign in another way" option to display and choose the "Phone" option.
On the next page click on "Yes". If the MS Office 365 suite starts, you have successfully integrated it into your computer. Congratulations!
Please note: It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED you have Chrome or Edge installed and use it for the onboarding process.
1. On your Smartphone go to your applications store.
2. Search for Microsoft Authenticator and download it.
3. Open the application and accept the prompts on screen. Select “SCAN A QR CODE”. It will ask you for permission to your camera, click “Allow”.
4. A camera overlay will pop up, leave the app like this.
A picture of the camera overlay to scan QR codes.
- If you happen to lose this screen: Open the app, and tap “ADD ACCOUNT”. Select WORK OR SCHOOL ACCOUNT, and the camera overlay will reappear.
4. On your PC, sign into Cadet365.
- If the page does not automatically pop up, open a private browsing window
- This is called “Incognito Mode” on Chrome (go to the upper right corner of the screen with “...” and select new private window) and enter the link there
5. Enter your Cadet365 account information and tap sign in.
- Staff: Enter your CCONet email address and password.
- Cadets: Enter the email and temporary password that was supplied with your onboarding email.
6. You will be prompted to accept “Cadet365 Term and Conditions” (you will have to scroll down manually to click “Accept”. Tap the Acceptable Use Policy to expand it).
7. You will go through several screens. Continue until you get to a QR Code.
Photo of page of “keep your account secure” and instructions on how to scan the QR code.
8. With your phone and the camera overlay showing on screen, scan the QR Code on your desktop. You will be pinged on your phone to approve the sign in.
9. Select “APPROVE”.
10. The screen on your PC will automatically update. Select “Next”.
11. On your phone’s Authenticator app, you will see all the accounts you have to authenticate with your device. If this is your first time doing this, you will only see your Cadet365 account. Every time you log into Cadet365 on your PC, you will receive a push notification on your device to approve your login.
12. Cadets: Now that you have authenticated your account, you will be asked to update your password. Your current password is the one supplied with your onboarding email.
13. The Cadet365 platform will load. Congratulations - you have successfully onboarded!
Adding a Second Authentication Method
14. You can add a second authentication method, if you wish. You will need a PC and a phone on hand.
15. Login to https://aka.ms/mfasetup and select “+Add a Method”
16. Select “PHONE” from the drop down menu.
17. Enter your phone number and be sure to select Canada (+1), if not it may delay the phone call.
18. You will then receive a call. Listen to the prompt and press the # key. The platform will know you answered the call.
19. Now whenever you are prompted to sign in and you don’t have access to the Authenticator app, you can select “SIGN IN ANOTHER WAY”, and the telephone option will be available.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: