Canadian Cadet General Order (CANCDTGEN)
Encouraging and Enabling more Optional Physical Activities
- It is with great pleasure that I announce a significant change to Cadet Administrative and Training Orders (CATO) 17-34, Local Support Allocation (LSA) – Cadet Corps/Sqn. Effective immediately, cadets corps/sqn are entitled to an additional $30 per cadet to encourage and enable more optional physical activities.
- Details are provided in the updated CATO 17-34, Local Support Allocation (LSA) – Cadet Corps/Sqn.
- This is one of the Vice Chief of the Defence Staff (VCDS) Quick Wins for Renewal which is intended to target the cadet program aim to promote physical fitness while relieving the local corps/sqn sponsoring committees of some of the financial burden associated with supporting optional physical activities for cadets.
- It is also a clear indication of the commitment to redirect program funds to the corps/sqn level, which will help mitigate some of the top impediments to conducting training identified by corps/sqn, including the lack of equipment / training aids, lace of access to facilities, and lack of staff / instructors.
- Although this updated policy is being implemented part way through FY 13-14, D Cdts & JCR will ensure that the full allocation of the additional $30 per cadet is added to LSA entitlement for each cadet corps/sqn and funds devolved to the Regional Cadet Support Units (RCSUs) as part of the current mid-year review (MYR) / business planning (BP) process. However, RCSUs and corps/sqn CO’s must ensure to do their best to expend 100% of this additional allocation before 31 Mar 14. Funding for the LSA will proceed according to the CATO starting in FY 14/15.
- I urge all cadet corps/sqn to take full advantage of this additional financial support to encourage and enable more optional physical activities and share your stories with others including regional and national PAO staff of what you were able to do with this extra funding.
- I wish you all the best as you start this new training year.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: