INTERNATIONAL AIR CADET EXCHANGE - CANCELLATION
Refs: A. CATO 14-06, Training or Recreational Trips
B. CANFORGEN 039/20
C. 3350-Op LASER 20-01
D. CANCDTGEN 010/20
- In response to the outbreak of a novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the Natl CJCR Sp Gp has been in close coordination with partnering countries for the International Air Cadet Exchange. In cooperation with the International Air Cadet Exchange Association (IACEA) the decision has been made to cancel the International Air Cadet Exchange program for summer 2020. The decision to cancel the exchange was not taken lightly, and is being made to protect cadets, their families and staff from the unnecessary risk of exposure and the possibility of quarantine or self-isolation, either internationally or here in Canada.
- The Natl CJCR Sp Gp has been directed to adopt an aggressive posture to minimize personnel risk of exposure and to prevent the CAF and cadets from becoming a transmission vector. As such, CANCDTGEN 010/20 was released on March 12, 2020 issuing amplifying direction related to the execution of Cadet and Junior Canadian Ranger (JCR) activities, and preventative measures to better protect CAF members, cadets and JCRs and their families from COVID-19.
- The safety and welfare of all who participate in our programs is always our top priority, as such we take very seriously our responsibility to protect cadets from any real or apparent health or safety concern.
- The Natl CJCR Sp Gp is collaborating with Department of National Defence and CAF as well as with other federal departments in order to maintain proper situational awareness on the COVID-19 situation in Canada and globally to synchronize interdepartmental response under the lead of Health Canada and the Public Health Agency of Canada. As a result, the situation is continuously being monitored and decisions are made on a case-by-case basis.
- All available and updated information for the Natl CJCR Sp Gp response to COVID-19 can be found at this address.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: