Canadian Cadet General Orders (CANCDTGEN)
CANCDTGEN 030/20 - Guidance for the transmission of the Annual Validation Form, the Detailed Health Questionnaire and the CF-1158
The purpose of this CANCDTGEN is to provide guidance to Corps/Sqns on how the Annual Validation Form (AVF), the Detailed Health Questionnaire (DHQ) and the CF-1158 Application for Membership can be completed and submitted.
- The AVF is a Protected A document. With the consent of the parents/guardians, it can be sent to them electronically for completion (from a Canadian Cadet Organizations Network (CCO Net) email), by regular mail or delivered in person; and
- Parents/guardians can choose to return the completed form either via email (to a CCO Net email), in person, or via regular mail.
- The DHQ is initially a Protected A document as it contains personal information, but it becomes Protected B when completed because it then contains medical information;
- The DHQ is generated by Corps/Sqn staff directly from FORTRESS. With the consent of the parents/guardians, it can be sent to them electronically (from a CCO Net email), by regular mail or delivered in person; and
- The DHQ cannot be returned by email because it is now Protected B. Parents/guardians must return the completed DHQ to corps/sqn staff, in a sealed envelope, either in person or by regular mail. i. Corps/Sqn staff are responsible for tracking DHQs and sending them to their Regional Cadet Support Unit.
- The CF-1158 becomes Protected A when completed.
- Parents/guardians (or Corps/Sqn staff) can begin the application process by accessing the online application. The CF-1158 can be completed electronically or printed/scanned;
- Parents/guardians can choose to return the completed CF-1158 to the Corps/Sqn either via email (to a CCO Net email), in person, or via regular mail.
- It will be considered signed if the following conditions are met:
- The parent/guardian’s name is written in the appropriate block (Parent’s name field, page 4) and is legible;
- Corps/Sqns receiving the form by email must be able to reasonably assess that it has been sent by the parent/guardian;
- Corps/Sqns are required to keep the email as proof of authorization from the parent/guardian and place it in the Cadet’s file; and
- Note: Cadets are not required to sign the CF-1158 for it to be considered valid.
Parents/guardians must also provide copies of all other required documentation as part of the registration process (e.g. proof of age and health care coverage). This step can be also done electronically by annexing these documents to the email sent by parents/guardians (to a CCO Net email).
Inquiries or comments can be directed to your J6.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: