Canadian Cadet General Order (CANCDTGEN)
Direction on Codes of Conduct for Youth, CAF Members (Working with the Cadet Program) and CIs Summer 2021
1. The Commander Cadets and Junior Canadian Rangers has approved the attached Codes of Conduct for use to support summer training activities 2021. These supersede all previous versions of the Codes of Conduct.
2. Intent: Cadets and Junior Canadian Rangers (CJCR) is committed to providing a safe, welcoming, and supportive environment where all our people: adult staff, cadets and Junior Canadian Rangers (JCRs) are free from all forms of discrimination, abuse, inappropriate conduct and damaging behaviour. The codes are developed with the intention of highlighting the key behaviours contained within orders, policies, and directives that dictate behavioural expectations/obligations to help ensure we are successful in creating and maintaining this culture. The codes provide members an opportunity to:
- review, reflect on and discuss the key behaviours that are expected of members of CJCR;
- acknowledge their commitment and responsibility to continuing to learn about and abide by CAF and formation orders, policies, and directives; and
- acknowledge their commitment to doing what is right and publicly demonstrating courage to challenge/report and/or respond to inappropriate actions and behaviour.
3. Action: Codes of conduct are to be read, discussed and signed at the beginning of summer training activities, by all cadets and JCRs and adult supervisors (CAF members working is support of the Cadet Program and CIs). The codes can be discussed with the members as a group and then signed in-person or electronically, in accordance with program administrative procedures. It is recommended that it be discussed and signed following the mandatory Personal and Professional Conduct briefs that will be provided with training delivery documentation. Signed documents must be kept on file.
4. Next steps: Staff at CJCR HQ will work in consultation with members of CJCR, Canadian Army and our Cadet League partners this summer to design a “Codes of Conduct Group Order” for approval and implementation in fall 2021 in support of CJCR Program activities.
5. Ensuring the safety and well-being of all members is the Commander’s number one priority. All CJCR leaders will ensure that this CANCDTGEN is enforced in summer 2021 as directed. More information will be communicated in fall 2021 regarding the CJCR Gp Order.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: