18-04 Annex B - Statement of Capability Deficiency (SCD)
Cadet Administrative and Training Orders (CATOs)
Date of submission:
IPRL Serial #:
Unit and Location Where Required:
1. This paragraph provides a short (usually one-sentence) description of the aim of this Integrated Program Requirement (IPR). For example, “The aim of this IPR is to replace obsolete equipment and provide the Cadet program with more appropriate training equipment”.
2. This paragraph should be very short and it should refer to the formal training documentation (CTS / CTP) and any Divisional policy statements to maintain the general capability being addressed in the submission.
Capability Deficiency to Be Resolved
3. This paragraph should briefly, and in general terms, describe the capability deficiency and the impact of not addressing it.
Functional Capability to Be Delivered
4. This paragraph should describe the specific (not brand name) type of system / equipment that is required to provide the stated capability. It should be written in sufficient detail to enable a reader who is not familiar with the specific system / equipment to understand what is required, and by when. This paragraph would normally be the most detailed.
5. If applying for maintenance funding the following information shall be provided:
- item NATO Stock Number (NSN) / Permanent Systems Control Number (PSCN);
- item description;
- repairability code if applicable (from the Canadian Government Cataloguing System);
- Supply Customer Account Code (SCAC) to which item is on charge;
- Entitlement Group Code (EGC) and Scale of Issue (i.e. D08-115AB) if applicable;
- estimated repair costs (attach breakdown if available);
- repair / replacement recommendation; and
- signature of Regional Technical Authority.
6. In applying for maintenance funding for boats, for each boat serial number (S/N) for which repair funding is requested, the following additional information shall be provided:
- type & S/N of each boat for which repair funding is requested; and
- description of the damage (specify whether hull damage or refinishing / refurbishment).
NOTE: A single SCD is sufficient for more than one boat but all of the boats listed in the SCD must be the same type (i.e., Echo 12, Club 420, Pirate, etc.). The damage, work to be performed and estimated repair / maintenance cost for each boat S/N shall be identified within the SCD.
7. Following completion of the repair activities, the following shall be provided to the LCMM at D Cdts & JCR:
- type & S/N of each boat that underwent repair;
- if hull damage was involved, a complete description of the damage and how it was incurred (i.e., normal wear and tear, possible design deficiency, incident / accident, etc.);
- a summary of repairs effected; and
- the final costing of the maintenance event.
NOTE: A single invoice may be used to effect payment for repair / maintenance of any number of craft (vice invoices for each S/N boat). However, if a single invoice is used, the details of repair / maintenance (and sub-total costs for same), are to be clearly indicated for each individual boat S/N listed with the invoice.
8. This paragraph should state why the capability is required (safety, basic replacement, business case, no current capability, etc).
9. Depicted in Budget Year (BY) dollars, a rough order of magnitude cost to provide the capability should be given in this paragraph. The paragraph should indicate what the cost estimate includes and what it is based on, so more accurate costing information can be obtained when required. When forecasting costs, consideration should be given to:
- risk mitigation for any potential fluctuations in applicable exchange rates;
- shipping / delivery costs;
- any associated training, publications and documentation; and
- any essential spares required at start-up.
- Date modified: