31-03 Annex A Appendix 1 - Publications Sea Cadet Corps Program
Cadet Administrative and Training Orders (CATOs)
1. This Annex lists the publications used in support of updated Sea cadet Corps Program. It outlines the policy and procedures for their distribution; and it indicates the expected date of release for upcoming publications supporting the updated Sea cadet Corps Program.
2. As the updated Sea cadet Corps Program is introduced, training publications from the current program will be removed from the distribution system.
3. The Director of Cadets & Junior Rangers (D Cdts & JCR) is responsible for the policy on issuing and distributing Sea cadet publications.
4. Distribution of Sea cadet Corps Program, publications will be implemented as follows:
- D Cdts 4-3-2 shall compile and submit an annual printing and distribution list to Director Supply Chain Operation (DSCO) not later than 15 April of current training year;
- DSCO will produce and distribute the publications to arrive at the cadet corps not later than 01 September of current training year; and
- Corps Commanding Officer (CO) shall advise the Area Cadet Officer (ACO) if their allotment of publications is not received by 01 September of the current training year.
5. If a need exists for additional publications, CO must staff the substantiation to the RCSU.
6. D Cdts 4-3-2 will initially push new publications out as available from DSCO.
Entitlement – QSP and IG
7. As each phase of the updated Corp Program is introduced, QSP and IG will be distributed as follows:
- Corps - 2 QSP and 3 IG;
- CSTC – 2 QSP and 3 IG;
- RCSU – 10 copies of each; and
- RCIS – 6 copies of each.
Phase Training Publications
8. The change over to the updated program will require that two different programs be conducted concurrently, with new QSP and IG being phased in and the existing QSP being phased out over the period of transition.
9. Updated Sea Cadet Corps Program. Each QSP is supported by an IG that provides instructors with the base means from which to deliver training. The publications are as follows:
- Phase One - Distribution – Spring 2008:
(1) A-CR-CCP-601/PG-001 Royal Canadian Sea Cadets Phase One Qualification Standard and Plan, and
(2) A-CR-CCP-601/PF-001 Royal Canadian Sea Cadets Phase One Instructional Guides;
- Phase Two - Distribution Date – Fall 2008:
(1) A-CR-CCP-602/PG-001 Royal Canadian Sea Cadets Phase Two Qualification Standard and Plan, and
(2) A-CR-CCP-602/PF-001 Royal Canadian Sea Cadets Phase Two Instructional Guides;
- Phase Three - Distribution – Fall 2009:
(1) A-CR-CCP-603/PG-001 Royal Canadian Sea Cadets Phase Three Qualification Standard and Plan, and
(2) A-CR-CCP-603/PF-001 Royal Canadian Sea Cadets Phase Three Instructional Guides;
- Phase Four - Distribution – Fall 2010:
(1) A-CR-CCP-604/PG-001 Royal Canadian Sea Cadets Phase Four Qualification Standard and Plan, and
(2) A-CR-CCP-604/PF-001 Royal Canadian Sea Cadets Phase Four Instructional Guides; and
- Phase Five - Distribution – Fall 2011:
(1) A-CR-CCP-605/PG-001 Royal Canadian Sea Cadets Phase Five Qualification Standard and Plan, and
(2) A-CR-CCP-605/PF-001 Royal Canadian Sea Cadets Phase Five Instructional Guides.
10. Existing Sea Cadet Corps Training Program. The current QSP that will be phased out over the period of transition are outlined below:
- Phase One – Last Distribution Date – Spring 2008;
- Phase Two – Last Distribution Spring 2009;
- Phase Three - Last Distribution – Spring 2009; and
- Phase Four - Last Distribution – Spring 2010.
11. Suggestions for changes to Sea cadet publications shall be forwarded through RCSU to D Cdts & JCR, National Defence Headquarters (NDHQ) as detailed in the QSP.
- Date modified: