31-03 Annex C Appendix 1 - Publications Sea Cadet Summer Training Centre (CSTC) Program
Cadet Administrative and Training Orders (CATOs)
1. This CATO outlines the official publications used in support of Sea CSTC Program and details the policy and procedures for their distribution.
2. The change over to the updated program will require that two different programs be conducted concurrently, with new QSP and IG being phased in and the current QSP being phased out over the period of transition.
3. The Director Cadets & Junior Canadian Rangers (D Cdts & JCR) is responsible for the policy on issuing and distributing sea cadet publications.
4. Distribution of Sea CSTC Program publications will be implemented as follows:
- D Cdts 4-3-2 shall compile and submit an initial printing requirement list to Director Supply Chain Operations (DSCO) for issue to CSTCs, RCISs and RCSUs;
- DSCO will produce and distribute the publications; and
- CSTC CO shall advise the RCSU Sea cadet training officer if their allotment of publications is not received.
5. If a need exists for additional publications, CSTC CO must staff the substantiation to the RCSU.
6. Sea cadet corps shall not order CSTC Program publications.
Entitlement – QSP and IG
7. As each level of the new program is introduced, QSP and IG will be distributed as follows:
- CSTC – 2 QSP and 3 IG (additional copies will be provided based on courses and number of attending cadets);
- RCSU – 10 copies of each; and
- RCIS – 6 copies of each.
CSTC Program Publications
8. Updated Sea CSTC Program. An IG that provides instructors with the base means from which to deliver training supports each new QSP. Initial issue of publications will be pushed out from the supply system.
9. Current Sea CSTC Program. The current QSP will be phased out over the period of transition as each new series of courses are implemented.
10. Suggestions for changes to Sea cadet publications shall be forwarded through RCSUs to D Cdts & JCR, National Defence Headquarters (NDHQ) as detailed in the QSP.
- Date modified: