31-03 Annex D - Nationally Directed Activities
Cadet Administrative and Training Orders (CATOs)
1. This Annex outlines the policy guidelines and direction governing the delivery of Sea cadet Program Nationally Directed Activities (NDA).
2. The purpose of NDA is to augment the Corps and CSTC Programs, both, to maintain cadets’ interest and to allow D Cdts & JCR and the SSO Sea Cdts to tailor the overall cadet program to match Sea cadets interests and capitalize on national and international opportunities and resources.
3. The addition of new activities and cancellation of existing activities must be balanced within the NDA and/or CSTC Program components of the cadet program. Established activities shall not be amended without the authority of D Cdts & JCR. This is necessary in order to permit adequate planning and allocation of resources and prevent any undue and unauthorized expansion of this program component.
4. Established NDA available to Sea cadets include, but are not limited to the following:
- National Cadet Marksmanship Championship. The National Cadet Marksmanship Championship will be conducted annually IAW the policies and directives contained in CATO 14-43, Annex B, Appendix 1 and A-CR-CCP-177/PT-001 Cadet Marksmanship Program - Reference Manual;
- National Cadet Biathlon Championship. The National Cadet Biathlon Championship will be conducted annually IAW the policies and directives contained in CATO 14-42, Annex A, Appendix 1 and the Cadet Biathlon Program Reference Manual;
- Sea Cadet International Exchange Program. Every year Canada participates in international exchanges with Youth Organizations from other member countries of the International Sea Cadet Association. Ideally exchanges are in a bilateral format. CATO 34-02 refers;
- Training Deployments of Sea Cadets in ships and vessels. Opportunities for sea cadets to participate in deployments or cruises aboard HMCS, Coast Guard and similar ships and large vessels will be advertised and conducted commensurate with resources. CATO 34-05 refers;
- Sea Cadet National Sailing Regatta. The National Sea Cadet Regatta will be conducted annually IAW the policies and directives contained in CATO 34-03;
- Sea Cadet National Tall Ship deployment. The annual National Tall Ship Deployment for Sea cadets will be conducted annually IAW the policies and directives contained in CATO 34-04; and
- Sea Cadet Annual Seamanship Concentration. The Annual Seamanship Concentration will be conducted IAW the policies and directives contained in CATO 34-06.
5. Appendix 1 to this Annex outlines the NDA model available to Sea cadets.
- Date modified: