Canadian Cadet General Order (CANCDTGEN)
Launch of the CADET365 platform
- The Commander Cadets and Junior Canadian Rangers (CJCR) is proud to announce the acquisition of Microsoft 365 with Microsoft Teams for use across the Formation as CADET365, as part of the CJCR digital strategy.
- CADET365 will enable all levels of the organization to conduct virtual training and engagement, on a common platform with features such as videoconferencing, live chat, file sharing, with eventual e-mail integration with CCO Net (for staff), and easy access to the Microsoft suite of office products.
- The roll out of CADET365 will be done in three phases:
- Phase One (summer 2021). Support to Cadet Training Centres (Virtual) providing tools and resources to staff and cadets who are participating;
- Phase Two (starting fall 2021). Gradual deployment of the platform for use by corps and squadrons (staff and cadets); and
- Phase Three (TBD). Eventual access for parents/guardians, and other required stakeholders.
- In order to facilitate the account creation process for cadets, corps and squadron staff are asked to update the following fields for all cadets in FORTRESS in the cadet personal file, under Personal Information – Contact Information:
- Email - It is essential that the email used be unique for each cadet as it will be the primary contact information of their CADET365 accounts. It is also important that ONLY one email be listed in each cadet file;
- Telephone (main) – cadets will require access to the phone number listed under Telephone (main) for onboarding and throughout their utilization of the platform. This number can be a land line.
- Information regarding CADET365 including tools and resources will be available on Canada.ca. Support will be made available to each user group when onboarding commences.
- More information will be communicated progressively over the next weeks and months.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: