Mandatory Microsoft 365 Apps Suite Update
Canadian Cadet Organizations (CCO) M365 Apps Suite Update
As the Microsoft Office 2013 suite of programs has reached its end of life, the CCO network must upgrade all existing installations across our network to the new M365 Office suite of applications. In order to maintain effective, secure and updated word processing, content creation and communications tools, this new suite of programs will replace all existing 2013 installations. The programs affected by this upgrade will include Word, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, OneNote, Teams and OneDrive.
As of November 15th 2021, this new suite will be available to install on all CCO assets at the users convenience through the Software Center. The application is a larger package which will take time to download over VPN and even some hard-wired connections. As part of the installation, all 2013 programs will be removed from a user’s computer, so it is important that once the process begins, you allow it to finish.
- Ensure you have at least 4GB remaining on your hard drive.
- Plug your asset in. Do not perform this update on battery power.
How to check hard drive space
1. Click the Windows Explorer icon in the Task Bar.
2. On the left side, click This PC.
3. Under Devices and drives, look at Windows (C:). If the number of GB free is less than 4, you must clear space before attempting the update.
How to install the new M365 Apps Suite
1. Click the Start menu in the bottom left of the screen and search for Software Center.
2. Click the corresponding program.
3. On the Applications tab along the left-hand side, you should see an advertisement for M365 Apps Suite / Suite d’applications M365.
4. Left click on it and then click the Install button.
5. Wait for the program to install.
6. When complete, left-click the Close button on the final information screen.
Users that share assets will not have to run the installation multiple times. The first user to run the M365 suite install will install the suite for all users on that machine. The only exception being MS Teams, which will need a logout/login or possible reboot for the first user to upgrade. Afterwards, Teams will install individually for each user, the first time they login on that asset after the new M365 suite has been installed.
M365 Beta Testers
If you have participated in any of the previous or current beta tests of the M365 Suite, you are recommended to uninstall your current version and install the latest advertisement in Software Center.
While the newest deployment will be the same version as the current beta (16.13801.20960 32bit semi-annual), it will include previously unleased software (Microsoft Publisher) as well as some changes to the language profiles installed.
If you are running any version other than the one listed, please uninstall. If you cannot uninstall with the directions provided below, contact the Service Desk for further assistance.
Approved/ Latest Version
Semi-Annual Enterprise Channel
How to check your version of M365 Apps
1. Open any of the M365 suite programs.
2. In the top left click on File.
3. Near the bottom right, click Office Account / Account and the information will be on the right-hand side, in the middle block as highlighted in the picture.
How to remove old Beta test versions of M365 Suite
1. In the Start Menu, search for Software Center and open the corresponding program.
2. Browse to the Installation Status tab on the left-hand side.
3. Locate the current installation M365 Apps 32bit Semi-Annual and left click on it.
4. This should provide an option to uninstall. Click the blue Uninstall button.
5. Wait for the program to complete the uninstallation.
6. Restart your computer.
7. Login and open Software Center again.
8. Browse to the Applications tab and find the M365 Apps Suite / Suite d’applications M365 and install it.
If after uninstalling the old beta version and restarting your computer, you still do not see the M365 Apps Suite / Suite d’applications M365 advertisement, please contact the Service Desk.
IT Support Hours
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: