Get answers to military history, heritage and music questions
You have several ways to get answers to your military history, heritage and music questions. You can ask your questions below for Archival research, the Artists program, Canadian Forces Museums, Casualty identification, Dress and ceremonial, History and heritage, and joining the Music branch. Select which department you would like to reach in the subject line of the form submission.
The fastest way to get answers is to review our online information. If you have other questions, please use this form (see instructions below):
Directorate of History and Heritage (DHH)
National Defence Headquarters
101 Colonel By Dr
Ottawa ON K1A 0K2
Questions from members of the Canadian Armed Forces
If you are a serving member of the Canadian Armed Forces, you can get more information on:
Please submit a request through your chain of command.
We accept questions in written form only. After you fill in the form above, there are 3 ways to send it:
- submit the form online (use the “Submit” button above)
- print the form and mail it to us (use the address above)
- print and fax the form to us (use the Fax number above)
We will respond in 2 to 30 working days, depending on the complexity of your question and our workload.
To help us answer better, please tell us:
- what research you have already done on the subject
- how you will use your research (general interest, academic, publication, family history, etc.)
- your area of interest (army, navy, air force, First World War, military traditions, uniforms, etc.)
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: