46th Field Artillery Regiment, RCA
The official lineage of the 46th Field Artillery Regiment, RCA.
This Reserve Force regiment originated on 15 December 1936 and incorporates the following regiment and engineer squadron.
The 46th Field Artillery Regiment, RCA originated in Sorel, Quebec on 5 June 1947 when the '46th Anti-Tank Regiment, RCA' was authorized to be formed.Footnote 1 On 1 September 1954, it was amalgamated with the '19th Field Squadron, RCE' (see below) and redesignated the '46th Field Regiment, RCA'.Footnote 2 It was redesignated the '46th Field Artillery Regiment, RCA' on 12 April 1960.Footnote 3 It was reduced to nil strength and transferred to the Supplementary Order of Battle on 31 March 1968.Footnote 4
The 19th Field Squadron, RCE originated in Drummondville, Quebec on 15 December 1936, when the '19th Field Company, RCE' was authorized to be formed.Footnote 5 It was redesignated: '19th (Reserve) Field Company, RCE' on 7 November 1940;Footnote 6 '19th Field Company, RCE' on 7 January 1946;Footnote 7 and '19th Field Squadron, RCE' on 19 June 1947.Footnote 8 On 1 September 1954, it was amalgamated with the '46th Anti-Tank Regiment, RCA', as above.
The First World War
The 19th Field Company mobilized an active service unit designated the '19th Field Company, RCE, CASF' on 10 May 1941.Footnote 9 It was redesignated the '3rd Battalion, RCE, CASF' on 26 January 1942;Footnote 10 and it embarked for Britain in May 1943. The battalion landed in North-West Europe in August 1944, where it provided construction and bridging services to the First Canadian Army until the end of the war.Footnote 11 The overseas battalion was disbanded on 7 January 1946.Footnote 12
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: