33rd Field Engineer Squadron
The official lineage of the 33rd Field Engineer Squadron.
Branch camp flag
This Reserve Force squadron originated in Lethbridge, Alberta on 15 December 1936, when the '6th Field Park Company, RCE' was authorized to be formed.Footnote 1 It was redesignated: '6th (Reserve) Field Park Company, RCE' on 10 May 1941;Footnote 2 '33rd Field Park Company, RCE' on 1 April 1946;Footnote 3 '33rd Field Park Squadron, RCE' on 19 June 1947;Footnote 4 '33rd Field Squadron, RCE' on 21 September 1954;Footnote 5 '33rd Field Engineer Squadron (M)' on 21 May 1975;Footnote 6 and '33rd Field Engineer Squadron' on 23 July 1990.Footnote 7
Upon formation of the '8th Field Engineer Regiment, RCE' on 5 June 1947 the 33rd Field Park Squadron was allocated to it as a sub-unit. The unit continued in this capacity, sometimes manned at nil strength, until it gained independent unit status and was organizationally moved from Lethbridge to Calgary, Alberta in July 1990.
The Second World War
The 6th Field Park Company mobilized the '6th Field Park Company, RCE, CASF' for active service on 10 May 1941.Footnote 8 It was redesignated '6th Field Park Squadron, RCE, CASF' on 26 January 1942.Footnote 9 It embarked for Britain in June 1942. The unit landed in France in July 1944 on its way to the North West Europe theatre of operations in which it served as part of 4th Canadian Armoured Division until the end of the war.Footnote 10 The overseas company was disbanded on 15 February 1946.Footnote 11
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: