5th Field Engineer Regiment, RCE
The official lineage of the 5th Field Engineer Regiment, RCE
Branch camp flag
This Reserve Force regiment originated in Halifax, Nova Scotia on 15 June 1920, when the '6th Divisional Engineer Headquarters, CE' was authorized to be formed.Footnote 1 It was redesignated: '6th Divisional Engineer Headquarters, RCE' on 29 April 1936;Footnote 2 'Headquarters, 6th District Engineers, RCE' on 15 December 1936;Footnote 3 'Headquarters, 6th (Reserve) District Engineers, RCE' on 7 November 1940;Footnote 4 'Headquarters, RCE, 5th Division' on 1 April 1946;Footnote 5 and 'Headquarters, 5th Field Engineer Regiment, RCE' on 19 June 1947.Footnote 6 It was reduced to nil strength and transferred to the Supplementary Order of Battle on 31 December 1964.Footnote 7
The 6th Divisional Engineer Headquarters, CE was authorized a Reserve order of battle counterpart on 1 November 1930 (GO 128/30). The reserve unit was disbanded on 14 December 1936 (GO 3/37).
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: