6th Field Engineer Regiment, RCE
The official lineage of the 6th Field Engineer Regiment, RCE
Branch camp flag
This Reserve Force regiment originated in Winnipeg, Manitoba on 15 June 1920, when 'Headquarters, CE' for 'Military District No. 10' was authorized to be formed.Footnote 1 It was redesignated: 'Headquarters, RCE' for 'Military District No. 10' on 29 April 1936;Footnote 2 'Headquarters, 10th District Engineers, RCE' on 15 December 1937;Footnote 3 'Headquarters, 10th (Reserve) District Engineers, RCE' on 7 November 1940;Footnote 4 'Headquarters, RCE, 6th Division' on 1 April 1946;Footnote 5 and 'Headquarters, 6th Field Engineer Regiment, RCE' on 19 June 1947.Footnote 6 It was reduced to nil strength and transferred to the Supplementary Order of Battle on 31 January 1965.Footnote 7
Headquarters, CE for Military District No. 10 was authorized a Reserve order of battle counterpart on 1 November 1930 (GO 128/30). The reserve unit was disbanded on 14 December 1936 (GO 3/37).
6th Field Engineer Regiment, 56th Independent Field Squadron, and 33rd Field Park Squadron recruited for the 58th Independent Field Squadron of the Active Force for service in Germany with 27th Canadian Infantry Brigade Group from 1951 to 1953.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: